Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uinta Fishing Report and Video
Since Carey already told the story of our trip to the Uinta Mts over Memorial Day. I will just add some fishing notes and observations

- Water was as low as I have ever seen in the spring at Whitney. Spooky low!

- Bows and Tigers were fast action for kids. A couple cuts to.

- Action was on Jakes Lures, Super Dupers, Rapala, spoons. (Gold, silver patterns were great). I am sure power bait would have picked up some also but the actions was so good on steel we really did not mess with the sticky colored bait much. I am also sure traditional spinners and flies would have got lots of attention

- We did keep some for lunch (see video)

- Moose and baby calf said hello

- Road was in very good shape as were the camping spots. Carey already mentioned that it was very light traffic while we were there. It is possible that a lot had already pulled out as we arrived mid day Monday, but we did not pass that many trailers going up either.

- I did not break out the gold pan, but will be heading back to do so. Its a fun place to pan, which is another great kid activity.

- and most of all thanks to those, who fought and never came back home, for preserving our freedom for us to do what we love. (of course  active and retired vets included too)

The video of the adventure is below. I did not have my gopro, so the quality is not as good and there is a bit of nonsense fun towards then end that my Brother in-laws  kids like to watch. They are our biggest subscriber fans Smile so we add stuff in that they like.

https://youtu.be/9V1SmNGXJYM
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Looks like a fun family trip lance. I haven't seen anyone cooking fish like that in many moons. Great video. How big was the largest trout you guys caught?
(06-05-2021, 01:47 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Looks like a fun family trip lance. I haven't seen anyone cooking fish like that in many moons. Great video. How big was the largest trout you guys caught?

No real size. A couple tigers were around 15". A few bows close to it.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew