Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 6/2/2021
Lines in at 3:45, spotty fishing.  Caught my first walleye 20 minutes in, a huge 12 incher.  Had a long line release on what felt like a nice fish, boated two more in the area.  Then nothing for quite a while.  Moved to another area with a waypoint from 6 years ago, had a double then finished my limit shortly thereafter.  Sr5s and 7s caught most, SR7 in black/silver was the biggest producer.  Tried a Thin Fin shallow, Hot N Tot deeper without results.  Water temp 77F-78F, water clarity very good, ~2.8MPH.  Best day at the Bay in a couple of years.
Single main, no kicker. Wink
(06-03-2021, 06:23 AM)Paddler Wrote: Lines in at 3:45, spotty fishing.  Caught my first walleye 20 minutes in, a huge 12 incher.  Had a long line release on what felt like a nice fish, boated two more in the area.  Then nothing for quite a while.  Moved to another area with a waypoint from 6 years ago, had a double then finished my limit shortly thereafter.  Sr5s and 7s caught most, SR7 in black/silver was the biggest producer.  Tried a Thin Fin shallow, Hot N Tot deeper without results.  Water temp 77F-78F, water clarity very good, ~2.8MPH.  Best day at the Bay in a couple of years.

Great report. We are also catching several year classes of eyes this year, some as small as 8" but a few up to 22". I talked to a guy at the cleaning station on Tues that caught most of his limit of eyes using shallow running Thin Fin but we caught ours running deep diving lures, so depending on the day, just about anything works, once you find them.
(06-03-2021, 10:59 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(06-03-2021, 06:23 AM)Paddler Wrote: Lines in at 3:45, spotty fishing.  Caught my first walleye 20 minutes in, a huge 12 incher.  Had a long line release on what felt like a nice fish, boated two more in the area.  Then nothing for quite a while.  Moved to another area with a waypoint from 6 years ago, had a double then finished my limit shortly thereafter.  Sr5s and 7s caught most, SR7 in black/silver was the biggest producer.  Tried a Thin Fin shallow, Hot N Tot deeper without results.  Water temp 77F-78F, water clarity very good, ~2.8MPH.  Best day at the Bay in a couple of years.

Great report. We are also catching several year classes of eyes this year, some as small as 8" but a few up to 22". I talked to a guy at the cleaning station on Tues that caught most of his limit of eyes using shallow running Thin Fin but we caught ours running deep diving lures, so depending on the day, just about anything works, once you find them.

Seems like the population is pretty healthy.  I'm catching mostly smaller fish, which bodes well for next year.  Provided we have water.
Single main, no kicker. Wink
"[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]Provided we have water".  And that is what scares me right now.[/font]

[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]I noted that the later bite seems to be a bit better.  I was out early to meet TubeDude on the water and fished until I was about to suffer heat stroke and quite.....I think too early, but still caught fish.[/font]