Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba 6-5-21
Went to yuba at 6am this morning didn't get theyre till about 845ish, took my 5 year old and the ole lady, after some time on north beach catching carp about 1pm I made my way to the dam was greeted by crowds of people looking for there 20 fish limit... as a yuba regular I thought it was funny family's of 4 were hoping for 80 walleye ??? , anyways no one was catching much of anything and after breaking off my favorite husky jersey on a unknown possibly big walleye I tied in a 3" June big curly tail and bam, instant..... wiper... then after a while I got 4 more, threw them back to grow or more likely someone else to catch, right away a guy next to me put on a curly tail and got one,  I switched to white caught 2 more and brought them home and they're fileted ready for hot grease tomorrow.  Big crowds on every part of the lake and to many boats to count. Kid loved swimming at north beach and building sandcastles so it was worth it
[Image: 20210605-184956.jpg]

Ps, my photo if you click on it its still giving some spam warning or something??
Photo link worked fine for me.

Nice looking fish.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Thanks hopefully there's enough water at the end of the year a few fish survive so I can get them through the ice, unfortunately I'm scouting for hunts pretty much the rest of the summer ?
I have the same Bubba.
I think they are a little over-rated, your thoughts?
It was great at first,, I feel for the money it should hold a edge better, I bought it with a gift card. My money will go to another Rapala electric knife when I'm due for a new one.
Looking at your fish, there are wipers in Utah Lake. I caught a couple this spring that look identical to your top fish. I should have looked to see if they had two rows of teeth on their Tongue as opposed to the single tooth patch whites have. Nice fish!
(06-06-2021, 02:47 AM)MWScott72 Wrote: Looking at your fish, there are wipers in Utah Lake.  I caught a couple this spring that look identical to your top fish.  I should have looked to see if they had two rows of teeth on their Tongue as opposed to the single tooth patch whites have.  Nice fish!
Wipers in Utah Lake!
Quit teasing us with thoughts of 20 lb. fish to be caught!!
20lb pike could be cruising around in there somewhere i think! Utah lake, not yuba.
[quote pid="1119641" dateline="1622942149"]

Ps, my photo if you click on it its still giving some spam warning or something??

[/quote]
Unfortunately, the link doesn't work for me.  I get the message:

"Did Not Connect: Potential Security Issue

Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to ibb.co because this website requires a secure connection.

What can you do about it?

ibb.co has a security policy called HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS), which means that Firefox can only connect to it securely. You can’t add an exception to visit this site.

The issue is most likely with the website, and there is nothing you can do to resolve it. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem."
(06-06-2021, 02:31 AM)Fritzfishin Wrote: It was great at first,, I feel for the money it should hold a edge better, I bought it with a gift card. My money will go to another Rapala electric knife when I'm due for a new one.

I bought a cordless heavy duty Rapala filet knife. It came with 2 batteries and a case and 2 sets of blades. It was a bit pricey but I filet my fish in the yard on a filet table from Cabelas so it's nice not having to run an extension cord or worry about wires getting bloody. Ive only don't catfish and it slices them up quick. I don't regret paying what I did for this
I've had several of the corded Rapala knives and they're hard to beat, the cordless would be even better.