Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard bay morning
The wife and I hit Willard first thing this morning hoping to catch some Walleye.  The winds were out of the Southwest and water temp about 70.
The water had a great chop on it and all conditions seemed ideal.
 We fished for a good hour and half before hooking our first Walleye so we circled around and were able to get another. We stayed in the general area and were able to stick several more fish about 50/50 walleye and cats. All walleye and perch were brought home to join us for dinner and the cats were released to fight another day.
We pulled off the lake about 11:30 and headed for the cleaning station.  Our final tally was 5 walleyes, 1 impressive 
[Image: 20210614-112722.jpg]

yellow perch, 4 cats and 2 mystery fish that didn't make it to the boat.
Great report.  Welcome to the board.
(06-14-2021, 08:32 PM)Farmboat Wrote: The wife and I hit Willard first thing this morning hoping to catch some Walleye.  The winds were out of the Southwest and water temp about 70.
The water had a great chop on it and all conditions seemed ideal.
 We fished for a good hour and half before hooking our first Walleye so we circled around and were able to get another. We stayed in the general area and were able to stick several more fish about 50/50 walleye and cats. All walleye and perch were brought home to join us for dinner and the cats were released to fight another day.
We pulled off the lake about 11:30 and headed for the cleaning station.  Our final tally was 5 walleyes, 1 impressive 

yellow perch, 4 cats and 2 mystery fish that didn't make it to the boat.

Glad to see you figured out the posting. That sounds like a nice morning on the Bay, how long was the perch?
We didn't measure it but I will guess it to be 10 inches. We have caught several other nice perch this year. I didn't realize they were that healthy in Willard.
(06-14-2021, 10:16 PM)Farmboat Wrote: We didn't measure it but I will guess it to be 10 inches. We have caught several other nice perch this year. I didn't realize they were that healthy in Willard.
Wait until late October through the first of December.  The perch school up and it is possible to get good numbers of jumbos...up to 14 or 15 inches.

[Image: WILLARD-12-19-19.jpg]
Thanks for the heads up. We will be looking forward to that.
(06-14-2021, 10:16 PM)Farmboat Wrote: We didn't measure it but I will guess it to be 10 inches. We have caught several other nice perch this year. I didn't realize they were that healthy in Willard.

Lots of big perch in Willard, like the pic that TubeDude posted, we just rarely catch numbers of them this time of the year. We caught one that was 13.5" a week ago. I figured the one you got was at least 12" from the looks of it.