Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvation
In my quest to catch as many different types of fish on a fly as possible I made an evening trek to Starvation for walleye. I guess the fact Starvation has too many walleye made it much easier than I thought it would be. Caught about 10 in an hour, kept a few for dinner. Excuse the weird picture.

[Image: 20210614-215506.jpg]

I had fished Strawberry in the morning. Fishing wasn't amazing but caught about 20, mostly bows, in 5 hours. In a first, got kicked off the water because planes needed a place to land to gather water to fight a nearby fire. Cool to watch, very Sad they are fighting fires right now.
Hey, that's pretty neat you got them on a fly.

welcome to the forum

rj
Wow, that must have been a site to see a plane land on the water like that to get water. Way to go on your quest to catch a many different fish on a fly, glad Starvation helped you knock one more off your list, cool pic. What kind of fly or streamer did you use to catch the eyes?
(06-17-2021, 01:02 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Wow, that must have been a site to see a plane land on the water like that to get water. Way to go on your quest to catch a many different fish on a fly, glad Starvation helped you knock one more off your list, cool pic. What kind of fly or streamer did you use to catch the eyes?

Caught them on a leech pattern. Also caught a few smallmouth on the same pattern. Fun evening.
(06-17-2021, 04:38 PM)Baetabmj Wrote:
(06-17-2021, 01:02 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Wow, that must have been a site to see a plane land on the water like that to get water. Way to go on your quest to catch a many different fish on a fly, glad Starvation helped you knock one more off your list, cool pic. What kind of fly or streamer did you use to catch the eyes?

Caught them on a leech pattern. Also caught a few smallmouth on the same pattern. Fun evening.

I thought a leech pattern only worked in the earlier part of Spring, good to know you can use it later and still have success.
(06-17-2021, 04:52 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

I thought a leech pattern only worked in the earlier part of Spring, good to know you can use it later and still have success.

I've caught them on a leech pattern all year round. Excluding ice fishing of course.
Sunrise on the water
(06-17-2021, 05:21 PM)WET1 Wrote:
(06-17-2021, 04:52 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

I've caught them on a leech pattern all year round. Excluding ice fishing of course.

That is good to know, I was not aware of that. Thanks Todd