Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fish Lake Fri. 6-18
Planned on leaving at 5 bells but did got out 10 min late.
Doesn't sound like much but that was a huge feat for the bride and I to be that close to on time as we took 4 of the grands ages 5, 7, 7, and 8.

On the water about about 8:30 after spending an inordinate amount of time making sure everyone made it to the latrine and every thing else that comes with kids.

Figured perch would be the best go to so that it was a positive experience for em.
Anchored up shallow in the weeds where they could watch the  fish take their baits.

Fished 32nd ounce jig heads tipped with worm or perch meat. (no skirt)
I usually fish for em with kastmaster but they would not touch em.

The 3 younger kids caught their first unassisted fish.
All of em were stoked and want to go back.
They had to have a count and were totally amazed when we got done emptying the live well of 104 fish.

The 7 year old said that when she is a mom she is going to take her kids fishing EVERY day.  She later changed to only on mondays, but then she realized there would be a problem with school so she is still working that one out.
As for Grumpa I figure there is a lot more to education than going to school.
She does want Grumpa to rent a PARTY BOAT on her 8th birthday so all the cousins can come.

I did pick up one small 7" splake.
Also 3 little macs that were working the weeds.  They were each about 14" long.
Kind of nervous about the macs.  All three were pretty much all head real skinny. No girth to em.  Hope this is not a bad sign.

Would love to post bragging pics but I'm not that hot with this computer business. I was able to post one once but next time it was a no go.
(06-20-2021, 07:58 PM)PACMEN Wrote: Planned on leaving at 5 bells but did got out 10 min late.
Doesn't sound like much but that was a huge feat for the bride and I to be that close to on time as we took 4 of the grands ages 5, 7, 7, and 8.

On the water about about 8:30 after spending an inordinate amount of time making sure everyone made it to the latrine and every thing else that comes with kids.

Figured perch would be the best go to so that it was a positive experience for em.
Anchored up shallow in the weeds where they could watch the  fish take their baits.

Fished 32nd ounce jig heads tipped with worm or perch meat. (no skirt)
I usually fish for em with kastmaster but they would not touch em.

The 3 younger kids caught their first unassisted fish.
All of em were stoked and want to go back.
They had to have a count and were totally amazed when we got done emptying the live well of 104 fish.

The 7 year old said that when she is a mom she is going to take her kids fishing EVERY day.  She later changed to only on mondays, but then she realized there would be a problem with school so she is still working that one out.
As for Grumpa I figure there is a lot more to education than going to school.
She does want Grumpa to rent a PARTY BOAT on her 8th birthday so all the cousins can come.

I did pick up one small 7" splake.
Also 3 little macs that were working the weeds.  They were each about 14" long.
Kind of nervous about the macs.  All three were pretty much all head real skinny. No girth to em.  Hope this is not a bad sign.

Would love to post bragging pics but I'm not that hot with this computer business. I was able to post one once but next time it was a no go.

Thanks for the report, sounds like a great trip with the Gkids. Here is the procedure for adding pics to your post:
1. First you need to have your cursor below your typed post.
2. Right below where you type your post you will see, "Add image to post", click on that box.
3. A new box will open and you will see, "browse from your computer", click that and it should open up the pics in your device.
4. Click on the pic you want to add, then on the bottom you will see open, click that button.
5. A new box will open and the pic you selected will be in it, then just click on the "upload" button and your pic should appear in your post. 

Some members with Centurylink are having problems seeing their pic but your pic will be there for everyone else to see.