Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Berry 6-23
Good day this am for us limits to 3.6lbs on the Strawberry side 31’ was the best depth, pink hoochies with gold blades did the most of the damage for us. Fun fishing along side Robert (Liketrolling), Roger (Bduck) and Dan and Shawn (Obifishkenobi) and his crew

[Image: 13-FDDA60-7418-417-F-B91-B-7-B251-A164571.jpg]
(06-23-2021, 03:27 PM)2knots Wrote: Good day this am for us limits to 3.6lbs on the Strawberry side 31’ was the best depth, pink hoochies with gold blades did the most of the damage for us. Fun fishing along side Robert (Liketrolling), Roger (Bduck) and Dan and Shawn (Obifishkenobi) and his crew

[Image: 13-FDDA60-7418-417-F-B91-B-7-B251-A164571.jpg]
Nice catch. We tried the main lake a couple of weeks ago. Nothing but Cutts that day for some reason. Moved next day to the SC side and limited in 3 hours... very strange given we did good last year on both sides.

TiteLines
Alan, you are sure rolling the kokes this year... congrats and thanks for the report... Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Great day for us as well. Limits would have been 12. We stopped at 10 - had enough fish. Came in at9:00. Three at 21”. None under 17”.
(06-23-2021, 05:26 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Alan, you are sure rolling the kokes this year... congrats and thanks for the report... Jeff

Jeff you need to play hooky from work for a day. It’s nice to be able to be fishing again instead of tending to a new house build.

(06-23-2021, 05:27 PM)brookie Wrote: Great day for us as well. Limits would have been 12. We stopped at 10 - had enough fish. Came in at9:00. Three at 21”. None under 17”.
Brookie you here for just the day ( we’re camped in A 34), sorry we missed you out there on the water. Nice job on the fish and glad to see the crowd a bit smaller then it’s been.
Hey Alan, it was great to meet/chat with you (yea I was still there). Also caught up with Shawn and got the 2 Velocity poles that I ordered through him. Thanks for getting us the discount deal.
It was almost like BFT week at Strawberry today - and I guess continued the rest of the week with Shawn's invite. For me the rest of the week is not yet planned as my daughters flew in today from Illinois (via St Lucia) and Texas so we will see what their play time preferences are. Not sure they include fishing at Strawberry with dad's buddies at the top of their Utah bucket lists.
If the rest of the week is as good fishing as today, Shawn's BFT rendezvous will be a great success. I'll see if I can sneak away for one more koke chase before the rendezvous comes to a close.
(06-23-2021, 09:50 PM)brookie Wrote: Hey Alan, it was great to meet/chat with you (yea I was still there). Also caught up with Shawn and got the 2 Velocity poles that I ordered through him. Thanks for getting us the discount deal.
It was almost like BFT week at Strawberry today - and I guess continued the rest of the week with Shawn's invite. For me the rest of the week is not yet planned as my daughters flew in today from Illinois (via St Lucia) and Texas so we will see what their play time preferences are. Not sure they include fishing at Strawberry with dad's buddies at the top of their Utah bucket lists.
If the rest of the week is as good fishing as today, Shawn's BFT rendezvous will be a great success. I'll see if I can sneak away for one more koke chase before the rendezvous comes to a close.

Great meeting and chatting with you John, hope it’s in the cards for you to get back is this week, enjoy your daughter’s visit
should be back up tomorrow   at first we could not keep the cuts off. but we did end up getting are 8 kokanee.
the bad thing is we left some big ones still jumping
i made pink glow Maggots out of white gulp Maggots and they worked good  both cuts and kokanee loved them.
(06-23-2021, 11:46 PM)liketrolling Wrote: should be back up tomorrow   at first we could not keep the cuts off. but we did end up getting are 8 kokanee.
the bad thing is we left some big ones still jumping
i made pink glow Maggots out of white gulp Maggots and they worked good  both cuts and kokanee loved them.
See you in the am
It was a good day for my boat as well. Had AFDan with me and we were done with our limit of kokes by 10am. Kept in touch with Alan while on the koke farm. Ran into Robert at the ramp and had a nice chat. Also visited with Alan at his campsite on our way out. Sure wish I was back up there, the koke fever is running rampant.  Smile
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Done by 8:12 this am, same gear as yesterday but kokes had gone a bit deeper with the weather coming through. We had rain from about 3:30 am to 4 and then some wind early but got nice with light winds. Fished along side obi again today, great seeing you Shawn, would of been fun to stay but the gorge is calling, good luck on the rest of your trip
[Image: 39-C55-F26-50-BF-4-F2-C-9792-05-C069890-FEF.jpg]

[Image: 9328157-D-B4-AA-40-F9-96-ED-91-F75-E9-C174-A.jpg]

[Image: B568-F20-F-C673-4-DB8-A2-AB-75-B6-EA5-DF9-F7.jpg]
Great reports guys, glad to hear so many of you are having success this week at the Berry, I've been up in Idaho the last few days but it sure is nice to hear the Berry is fishing so good this year, hope the success continues.
(06-23-2021, 11:46 PM)liketrolling Wrote: i made pink glow Maggots out of white gulp Maggots and they worked good  both cuts and kokanee loved them.

I've got to hear this method you are using Robert, to turn white gulp maggots to pink glow maggots, do you mind sharing it?
(06-25-2021, 04:22 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Great reports guys, glad to hear so many of you are having success this week at the Berry, I've been up in Idaho the last few days but it sure is nice to hear the Berry is fishing so good this year, hope the success continues.

Marking good schools Curt, should be a good year