Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2021 Willard Bay Trip # 21
Well, I was hoping to get a better day on the water with less power squadron. And it started out that way, launched from south marina just before 7 a.m. Rather overcast but warm and a bit buggy. 

[Image: 055-Trip-21-23-Jun-21-skunked.jpg]     (I know, kinda blurry)

Motored up to the south edge of the island, and started trolling various cranks, traps, flicker shads,  at speeds 1.9 to 2.6 mph.  Saw fish spread out, suspended in the water column, a couple smallish shad balls, even trolled thru what I think was a very small boil. Didn't realize what it was till I hit the edge of it and all the Terns came screaming past my boat. Got to about the light pole, decided to hook a right and meander thru the openness.  Got to about the mid way point of the lake and the wind came up out of the south-west. Went from a light chop to medium white caps in about 15 minutes. 

Pulled my lines in, throttled up and put the bow hard into the wind. Was off water and departing at just before 10 a.m. 

So that trip was "blown" away    Angry . 
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Sorry you had to make a quick departure. I think I would rather it be from wind than the power squadron though. I don't feel like giving the wind a one finger wave so much.....i haven't been out. My boats in shop getting a new trolling motor, one that can connect to a remote. Also my back has been aggravated from something I just had mri and was in the ER with it 5 days ago. So until it gets figured out I doubt I'll be out. But you never know know