Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Willard this morning with my Niece
Took my Niece Kaitlyn out fishing this morning on the water by 6:15, havent been on the Bay since last week. She doesnt get out much anymore since her dad Ed passed away a couple years ago. 
[Image: Kaitlyns-4-76-lb-walleye-June-25th-2021.jpg]

Slow for us today, water was a little dirty. we quit a little after 11. She ended up with two walleye and 2 cats, my first cats of the year. The largest walleye was 23 1/2 inches and weighed 4.76 lbs and the catfish 4.88. she returned the catfish as it was full of spawn. That was her largest walleye to date. No bugs and a little rain as we were launching.
Sounds like a perfect fishing trip as well as catching some fish.
Great report and congrats to Kaitlyn for bringing dinner home.
Always good to see a Smile on a kid in the outdoors - txs for sharing
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Great to take a young lady out on the water with you...sounds like a good day for both...lots more work involved, but it's worth it....and I'm still remembering (and grateful) for you initially showing me 'the ropes' out there on Willard my first time, years ago...
(06-26-2021, 06:31 PM)Jmorfish Wrote: Great to take a young lady out on the water with you...sounds like a good day for both...lots more work involved, but it's worth it....and I'm still remembering (and  grateful) for you initially showing me 'the ropes' out there on Willard my first time, years ago...

You're welcome, that was a good morning despite the big white caps.