Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slamming the bass at Echo
Wiperslayer and I got up to Echo this morning to give it a try before the ramp was out of the water. We arrived just before 7 am and started trolling just West of the ramp. We were marking good numbers of bait fish as soon as we launched. Water temp was 70 degrees. Only took a few minutes to catch our first fish of the day, a 12" SM bass. We continued on and next picked up a 14" bow, then it was bass after bass for hours, all caught trolling on a wide variety of lures, including flicker shad. We were catching bass even in the center of the lake and most were puking up tiny minnows but it was hard to tell what they were at less that an inch long. Finally we got to the back of the lake and switched over to fligging were we did so well with the perch last Fall and caught a decent 12" perch. We kept at it and picked up a nice 20" brown but then the action stopped, a little after noon. We headed in not long after that, we got to the ramp and it started to rain. No sooner than we got the boat on the trailer and ready to go, the rain turned into a downpour about the hardest rain I'm seen in years. All in all a nice day if you like catch bass but at least we caught a few other species. I think I'll wait to Fall, to give it another try.

[Image: Echobrown.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Slamming the bass at Echo - by wiperhunter2 - 07-02-2021, 01:09 AM
RE: Slamming the bass at Echo - by Jig-fisher - 07-02-2021, 04:20 AM
RE: Slamming the bass at Echo - by wiperhunter2 - 07-02-2021, 12:59 PM
RE: Slamming the bass at Echo - by Fowl-Hook - 07-02-2021, 01:26 PM
RE: Slamming the bass at Echo - by RockyRaab2 - 07-02-2021, 01:51 PM
RE: Slamming the bass at Echo - by wiperhunter2 - 07-02-2021, 03:59 PM