Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pesky LB 7/5/21
My son and I decided it was time to try night fishing since we haven't been in a long while. After hitting Walmart for light bobbers and some shrimp and worms (already had jello chicken in truck) we got to lake about 8:30 to see last  4 boats getting off the lake then we had it basically all to ourselves except for 2 shore anglers. We started with jello chicken as that is what I've caught all mine on this year. Well let the feeding frenzy begin for the night. To bad it wasn't channel cats. It was bullheads. They stole Devons baits every 3 minutes I bet and mine every 5. But I did finally one which gave me the only fish of the night and Devon and get a drink on first fish caught.... 

But with feeding frenzy I was in such a hurry to leave the house I just wore what I had on which was sorts and a polo golf shirt. Perfect attire for a mosquito buffet, they loved it. My legs are covered in bites to bad my lines weren't with something other than bullhead
Sorry to hear the catching was so poor for you two, did you move around any or just stay in one spot?
(07-07-2021, 04:03 AM)Mooseman75 Wrote: My son and I decided it was time to try night fishing since we haven't been in a long while. After hitting Walmart for light bobbers and some shrimp and worms (already had jello chicken in truck) we got to lake about 8:30 to see last  4 boats getting off the lake then we had it basically all to ourselves except for 2 shore anglers. We started with jello chicken as that is what I've caught all mine on this year. Well let the feeding frenzy begin for the night. To bad it wasn't channel cats. It was bullheads. They stole Devons baits every 3 minutes I bet and mine every 5. But I did finally one which gave me the only fish of the night and Devon and get a drink on first fish caught.... 

But with feeding frenzy I was in such a hurry to leave the house I just wore what I had on which was sorts and a polo golf shirt. Perfect attire for a mosquito buffet, they loved it. My legs are covered in bites to bad my lines weren't with something other than bullhead

(07-16-2021, 10:58 PM)r2u2 Wrote:
(07-07-2021, 04:03 AM)Mooseman75 Wrote: My son and I decided it was time to try night fishing since we haven't been in a long while. After hitting Walmart for light bobbers and some shrimp and worms (already had jello chicken in truck) we got to lake about 8:30 to see last  4 boats getting off the lake then we had it basically all to ourselves except for 2 shore anglers. We started with jello chicken as that is what I've caught all mine on this year. Well let the feeding frenzy begin for the night. To bad it wasn't channel cats. It was bullheads. They stole Devons baits every 3 minutes I bet and mine every 5. But I did finally one which gave me the only fish of the night and Devon and get a drink on first fish caught.... 

Moose, I haven't heard you say much about using your new boat. What's up? Thought you would be after them with a vengeance by now.

rj
(07-16-2021, 06:01 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Sorry to hear the catching was so poor for you two, did you move around any or just stay in one spot?

Because of my health and having to move is so burdensome we stayed in that one spot. Plus where I was not a lot of spots to move to that I have caught fish ever. So we just battled it out.

Moose, I haven't heard you say much about using your new boat. What's up? Thought you would be after them with a vengeance by now.

rj
Richard I'm about to scream and throw things when I think about boats. So I had it in the shop for 2 weeks getting the new trolling motor. I had my father come live with me so that eats up my time. My 14 yr is doing baseball and cheer and I'm running him around. And the icing on the cake went out the other day and put it in the water and there was oil coming off my hydraulics case that raises the motor. It had given me issues raising it and I was going to get it looked at but this just stopped that up. I hurry and got boat out and I'm going to try and get it in to my mechanic. So that's my boat life....I hate boats lol