Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LINCOLN BEACH HELP WANTED
Got this email if you have the time, this is all the info I have..
[Image: image.png]

[font="Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] Dedicated hunter,[/font]
[font="Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]    We realize it is extremely short notice but we have a project tomorrow July13th at 9:00a.m.  We are working with the Utah Lake Commission to help improve access areas to the Lake and will be meeting at the Lincoln Beach Marina.  Please bring gloves and hand tools like rakes and clippers.  Also fill out the waiver on the attachment or visit the Utah Lake Commission on Facebook for more information.  You can also call Michael 385-225-4322 for more information.[/font]
[font="Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]--[/font]
[font="Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Derek Murdock
Volunteer Coordinator
Utah Division of Wildlife
derekmurdock@utah.gov
801-491-5657[/font]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
It appears that it may be a cleanup day from 9 to noon but on second read it looks like a day for some basic groundwork (literally). I called Michael and got a recording. He is with the DWR so I know they are involved. We have been assigned cleanup duties at Lincoln Beach, which is not the same as Lincoln Point, by the Commission for the past three years but I haven't heard anything about this. Last year we encouraged our members to go out on their own because of the virus rather than having days where we gathered. I cleaned up around the ramp/dock area every time I was there. I haven't done anything this year due to some health issues. Sam Braeger, the man in charge at the Commission, told me that they have others who are interested in taking it over. It seems that the onus has fallen on those of us who regularly use the area. Many of us are older and/or walking wounded. I'd like to know if anybody has strong feelings about holding on to this responsibility or if you feel it would be just as well to let it go. You can post here or contact me directly. Either way, if you use the area I strongly encourage you to go tomorrow and find out what is happening. Some of us are very interested in what they are going to do in that area and this seems like a way to be informed and have a solid place to come from if you want to make comments or suggestions. This the kind of grass-roots opportunity we don't often get. Maybe I will see you there.

I did a little more searching and found this:

Need some service hours? Want to help beautify Utah Lake? Join the Utah Valley Chamber of Commerce in a service project hosted by Utah Lake Commission at Lincoln Point!

All volunteers must sign the waiver by visiting the link in our bio.

Curiouser and curiouser. The land is actually owned by Utah County, I believe. I hope everyone works together to maintain/improve/develop this spot.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

If I get a chance I'll swing by, I may have free time and be in Springville in the morning. I'll post what I find out. Due to my back and the way it is I'll be unable to assist in any work but spying and recon work I may be up to.
I thought you might want to do that. Let's stay in touch. And let me know if I can help with your boat.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I got hung up in the morning buying my elk permit so I didn't get out there early enough to help. They had about 60 people. They worked on clearing the two launching ramps at the L. They got out a lot of the mighty phragmitie and other vegetation and mud, etc. One ramp is good for personal craft or a small aluminum boat, it looks like, but the other will need to have a lot of mud dug out in order to use it. I'll try to post some pictures later. The issue I see is that there aren't any very good access roads. I like it in its primitive state so I hope they find a way to make it more accessible without over-developing it. I'd like to see what they have in mind.

Looks like they are considering expansion, etc.  - see map.

[Image: image.png]

jack of all tackle, master of none