Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Low Water @ Jordanelle
I went out early this morning to beat the power squadron and do some bass and perch fishing. The water was spooky low, but I was able to locate the perch within the first 10-15 minutes and then was into a good selection of smallies. The bass were not too huge, 15" to about 9" with most in the 10-12" range and fat. I was happy to get some chubby perch that seemed to be mingling in the same stretches as the bass. The average perch was over ten inches, which makes a decent filet.

I caught 52 bass and perch in about 4 hours beginning right before sun-up on red flake watermelon 3" senkos. I kept a nice mess of perch for tacos. I was in my float tube without sonar, but I would have guessed the depth to be between 12 and 15 feet. I fished the east side near the Ross Creek trailhead. It is still a ton of fun even without any typical cover that I am used to fishing.'

I left my phone in the car, so no pictures. I will post a few later.
nice report, thanks!
Sounds like you had a fun morning, that area is the same location I fish when targeting perch, good to hear the perch are getting some size to them. How far was the walk from the parking area to the water?
So how low is the water ?? How far is the end of the ramp in the water still ?
(07-15-2021, 11:29 PM)Therapist Wrote: So how low is the water ?? How far is the end of the ramp in the water still ?

There is no ramp at Ross creek parking area but the main ramp is in no danger of coming out of the water this year. Remember the main ramp was put in place when there was no water in the lake at all. I would not doubt that the lake would have to be almost empty before you would have the worry about even seeing the end of the ramp, it sure won't happen this year.
I talked to the park staff regarding the ramp and was told it would not be an issue this year. They are adjusting the dock every week now to keep up with the drop in water. They only move the dock ramp a few feet at a time to stay with the water level.
Nice report, sounds like a lot of fun. How did you fish those senkos?
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I looked up Jordy on Google Earth, then did the time-machine thing and took the view back to the early 90's, then
used the distance icon......bottom line, so to speak, the Jordy ramp is nearly 1/4 mile long.
(07-20-2021, 01:33 PM)catchinon Wrote: Nice report, sounds like a lot of fun. How did you fish those senkos?

I would wacky rig them on a ned rig, and drag them along the bottom with a slow kick troll or a float depending on the breeze. The larger ones seemed to be in 15 feet of water around rockier bottoms.
(07-15-2021, 11:50 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(07-15-2021, 11:29 PM)Therapist Wrote: So how low is the water ?? How far is the end of the ramp in the water still ?

There is no ramp at Ross creek parking area but the main ramp is in no danger of coming out of the water this year. Remember the main ramp was put in place when there was no water in the lake at all. I would not doubt that the lake would have to be almost empty before you would have the worry about even seeing the end of the ramp, it sure won't happen this year.

For a 70 year old it's a long walk, with two good rests.
Hows the personal boat ramp at hideout looking? I poured that boat ramp!
(07-22-2021, 12:42 AM)Fritzfishin Wrote: Hows the personal boat ramp(PBR) at hideout looking? I poured that boat ramp!

I did not realize there was a PBR at Jordanelle called Hideout, I thought Hideout was located at The Gorge Undecided
Across the lake from the main state park there's a smaller boat ramp, that area is the hideout community. I poured that boat ramp about 3 years ago maybe 4.
(07-22-2021, 01:52 AM)Fritzfishin Wrote: Across the lake from the main state park there's a smaller boat ramp, that area is the hideout community. I poured that boat ramp about 3 years ago maybe 4.

So you are talking about the PBR that is right in front of the dam? I had no idea that had been poured so recently or that it was called Hideout. Nice job.
I’m not aware of PBR AT Jordanelle I can’t think of where that would be??
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
Hideout is that community just northeast of the main ramp that sits below the highway that goes from Park City to Kamas.

I thought the the state park land completely surrounded the lake and there wasn't any private access.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
(07-22-2021, 04:49 AM)a_bow_nut Wrote: Hideout is that community just northeast of the main ramp that sits below the highway that goes from Park City to Kamas.

I thought the the state park land completely surrounded the lake and there wasn't any private access.

I agree with Mildog, I have no idea where that is located if he isn't talking about the personal watercraft launch on the dam side of the lake. Can someone take a snapshot on Google earth and show me this launch? I have fished the North East side of the ramp for many years and have never noticed a ramp there, just that old road bed that goes into the lake there, in the Ross creek area. Is this launch to the South East of Ross creek?
(07-22-2021, 12:49 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(07-22-2021, 04:49 AM)a_bow_nut Wrote: Hideout is that community just northeast of the main ramp that sits below the highway that goes from Park City to Kamas.

I agree with Mildog, I have no idea where that is located if he isn't talking about the personal watercraft launch on the dam side of the lake. Can someone take a snapshot on Google earth and show me this launch? I have fished the North East side of the ramp for many years and have never noticed a ramp there, just that old road bed that goes into the lake there, in the Ross creek area. Is this launch to the South East of Ross creek?

I have not been there, but I do think it is just the old road bed to Keetly.  https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6550434,...!1e3?hl=en
If it isn't showing up on Google, then it must be hard to see or that map is older than four years. Thanks for posting that.
(07-22-2021, 01:52 AM)Fritzfishin Wrote: Across the lake from the main state park there's a smaller boat ramp, that area is the hideout community. I poured that boat ramp about 3 years ago maybe 4.
I marked two location on this pic of jordanelle that appear to be coves below Hideout, are either one the area where you poured that boat ramp? I want to take a closer look at this area, the next time I'm there.

[Image: jordanelle-pic-edit.jpg]