Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo intel
After my report on Echo I have had some inquiries on the projected closure at Echo.  In checking the info on the State Park website (https://stateparks.utah.gov/2021/05/07/e...struction/ ) I did note the following:

“This closure will impact the day-use area; so there will be no access to the launch ramp, dock, or any of the older existing facilities in that area,” Park Manager Eric Bradshaw said. “The new Dry Hollow Campground will remain open, and there will also be some designated areas where the public can access the water for day-use as well. This designated beach day-use area will only be open for this purpose during the construction process and is not expected to continue for the coming years.

This essentially means that the majority of motorized watercraft will not be able to launch at Echo this season once construction begins. However, swimmers, anglers, canoers, and other paddlecraft will still be able to access.
Thanks for the intel Pat, I did not realize the Dry fork campground was finished but that link says it was completed last year. I'll try and get ahold of the Park manager for some more info. Last Fall the ramp was high and dry and we were still able to launch, makes me wonder if they will allow us to still launch at our own risk, especially since they are allowing paddlecraft to launch but it could be they will only allow them to launch from the Dry Fork area.