Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ririe Never Disappoints
Fast Randy joined me this morning fishing the Juniper end of Ririe, we got our 2 man limit between 7am and 11:45am, The big ones are 16” with a 14” average. Anything pink worked going 1.3 to 1.5 MPH with 43 and 47 the best depth. We lost a number of fish swinging them in and netting them. Got bit on almost every turn. These are the best condition and average size I have seen at Ririe in the 8 years I’ve been fishing it.

Attached Files Image(s)

Awesome... looks like a great morning! We were out for a couple hours on Saturday before the joy riders came out. 45 to 50 feet down was best, using pink and orange lures behind UV slingblades. Ended up keeping 12 kokes that were 13 to 15 inches and one decent perch. Also got 6 rainbows that went back in.
(07-19-2021, 09:04 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote: Fast Randy joined me this morning fishing the Juniper end of Ririe, we got our 2 man limit between 7am and 11:45am, The big ones are 16” with a 14” average. Anything pink worked going 1.3 to 1.5 MPH with 43 and 47 the best depth. We lost a number of fish swinging them in and netting them. Got bit on almost every turn. These are the best condition and average size I have seen at Ririe in the 8 years I’ve been fishing it.

And they were still bitting when we left. When we got the last one,
[Image: 20210719-122703.jpg]

image uploader

to limit out, before we could get the other poles in we got two more. Another great day fishing with Shawn. Thank you my friend.
That's a great morning.
Awesome job guys
WOW, good for you guys. I was out yesterday morning from 6 until noon and never got one bite from a kok Sad. We tried everything under the sun, including what you guys were using.  We must not have held our mouth right, but, we were further up the water in/near the narrows. I also talked to 3 other boats who were having the same luck as we were.  Not a fish one Sad. We could see a ton of fish on the finder but no takers.  They were between 30 and 60 ft. Last time we were out we did well and had fish in the same range. But, not sure what we did wrong yesterday except went back to the same area.  I am wondering if with the water dropping and warming up a bit, they have moved closer to the dam?

Those are awesome fish and typical of what I had been seeing, bigger, better, and most awesome Smile 

When we were getting ready to leave, 2 kids had the unfortunate luck of their truck running out of diesel right in front of my truck so we couldnt move to get our boat out. No one was around the truck so I was like really, lol.  I started honking the horn and pretty soon here comes the 2 kids running up from the water no where near the ramp and the kid tells me he ran out of diesel. Thats a problem. I told him he would have to back it down along the side of the parking area into the law enforcement parking area.  He said, but its not a standard transmission so I cant let it coast. I was like really? I said just put it into neutral and youll have to turn really hard with no power steering and trying to turn with the boat, a big ski boat to get it moved.  Low and behold, this young bull got it moved Smile but, man was he using everything he had to turn the steering wheel to get the truck moved.  Now that's what I call pre-trip planning.  MAKE SURE YOUR VEHICLES HAVE FUEL, lol.

Anyhow, there were a lot of boats on the water yesterday so I hope more ppl had the luck you did.  Thats one awesome mess of fish there.  I think it looks like the bite actually will be on for a while more so fill those freezers for the winter and smoke a few tasty ones for a nice treat Smile.
Great report and haul there Shawn and Randy, you guys really killed them. Looks like the kokes everywhere are turning color already.
(07-20-2021, 01:11 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Great report and haul there Shawn and Randy, you guys really killed them. Looks like the kokes everywhere are turning color already.

They have more color in the picture than person, they are still in great shape.

(07-20-2021, 11:54 AM)duksnfish Wrote: WOW, good for you guys. I was out yesterday morning from 6 until noon and never got one bite from a kok Sad. We tried everything under the sun, including what you guys were using.  We must not have held our mouth right, but, we were further up the water in/near the narrows. I also talked to 3 other boats who were having the same luck as we were.  Not a fish one Sad. We could see a ton of fish on the finder but no takers.  They were between 30 and 60 ft. Last time we were out we did well and had fish in the same range. But, not sure what we did wrong yesterday except went back to the same area.  I am wondering if with the water dropping and warming up a bit, they have moved closer to the dam?

Those are awesome fish and typical of what I had been seeing, bigger, better, and most awesome Smile 

When we were getting ready to leave, 2 kids had the unfortunate luck of their truck running out of diesel right in front of my truck so we couldnt move to get our boat out. No one was around the truck so I was like really, lol.  I started honking the horn and pretty soon here comes the 2 kids running up from the water no where near the ramp and the kid tells me he ran out of diesel. Thats a problem. I told him he would have to back it down along the side of the parking area into the law enforcement parking area.  He said, but its not a standard transmission so I cant let it coast. I was like really? I said just put it into neutral and youll have to turn really hard with no power steering and trying to turn with the boat, a big ski boat to get it moved.  Low and behold, this young bull got it moved Smile but, man was he using everything he had to turn the steering wheel to get the truck moved.  Now that's what I call pre-trip planning.  MAKE SURE YOUR VEHICLES HAVE FUEL, lol.

Anyhow, there were a lot of boats on the water yesterday so I hope more ppl had the luck you did.  Thats one awesome mess of fish there.  I think it looks like the bite actually will be on for a while more so fill those freezers for the winter and smoke a few tasty ones for a nice treat Smile.
I have a favorite spot on the Juniper end that holds Kokanee year round but especially late in the season when the kokes come back to where they where planted to swim in circles and die. The fish are working their way there now but they are still dispersed, we caught the last few fish to finish our limits at another of my spots down at the start of the narrows before you get to the power lines. In the next couple weeks the schools will get a lot bigger at Juniper and continue to move down where I’ll catch them down to 90’. My fish hawk showed the water temp at 56 degrees at 45’ and 52 degrees at 50’ . We caught them on squids, beads and blades even serpent spoons all behind 4.5” pink dodgers. I’m going to be at paliSades Wednesday through Sunday and if I get frustrated trying to find the Kokes there I ll come back to Ririe for another day of catching. I will most certainly be back the first Saturday in August as my in laws do a family reunion at Blacktail that weekend by then the fishing is always super fast generally hooking up as fast as we can get the gear down.
Wash, Rinse and Repeat.   
I couldn’t help my self and pulled the boat from our camp at PaliSades to fish Ririe again this morning, more of the same as Monday We caught a lot more shakers though. We kept 18 kokes and put as many back, we also got a bonus football rainbow. The thermoklein has moved down a bit since Monday it is 56 degrees at 50’ and 52 degrees at 55’, we got them on standard  pink stuff between 1.3-1.7mph from 45-55’ down. Caught most of the large fish near the Juniper launch and most of the shakers at the start of the narrows.

Attached Files Image(s)

(07-22-2021, 08:22 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote: Wash, Rinse and Repeat.   
I couldn’t help my self and pulled the boat from our camp at PaliSades to fish Ririe again this morning, more of the same as Monday We caught a lot more shakers though. We kept 18 kokes and put as many back, we also got a bonus football rainbow. The thermoklein has moved down a bit since Monday it is 56 degrees at 50’ and 52 degrees at 55’, we got them on standard  pink stuff between 1.3-1.7mph from 45-55’ down. Caught most of the large fish near the Juniper launch and most of the shakers at the start of the narrows.

Man talk about some nice fish Smile what color those have and will be some tasty morsels too.  Keep on going with them, many wont be around in another month so may was well take em while they are still good.
It might just be the color of the fillets matching the color of the fillet board but wow, those almost look like beef, they look red instead of pink. Congrats on another great trip to Ririe Shawn.
I loved that fishery. Thanks all for taking us along!
(07-23-2021, 09:31 PM)MMDon Wrote: I loved that fishery. Thanks all for taking us along!

Are you not fishing Ririe anymore, this year kokes are the best average I have seen in my 8 years fishing it, I’ll be loading up again in 2 weeks. It should be even faster action I’ll bring a few more people with me then so we can stack them up in the box.
(07-24-2021, 01:34 AM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
(07-23-2021, 09:31 PM)MMDon Wrote: I loved that fishery. Thanks all for taking us along!

Are you not fishing Ririe anymore, this year kokes are the best average I have seen in my 8 years fishing it, I’ll be loading up again in 2 weeks. It should be even faster action I’ll bring a few more people with me then so we can stack them up in the box.

I moved to Nampa for work. Miss being 20 minutes from launching at Ririe!
Me and Shawn hit it again today. Three of us had our 45 fish by noon or so. They were a little deeper at 60 feet today. But anything pink on all poles were hitting.
[Image: 20210806-135816.jpg]

[Image: amazon-photos-shared-media8375043466115426131.jpg]
Nice, looks like a great day.
(08-07-2021, 12:27 AM)fast_randy Wrote: Me and Shawn hit it again today. Three of us had our 45 fish by noon or so. They were a little deeper at 60 feet today. But anything pink on all poles were hitting.
[Image: 20210806-135816.jpg]

[Image: amazon-photos-shared-media8375043466115426131.jpg]
meat still looks great and nice catch but man they are turning for the spawn fast looks like Sad
Great haul you guys, won't be long now before the season is over. Is there an date when the season ends in Idaho? I think it's Sept 1st in Utah.
(08-07-2021, 01:15 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Great haul you guys, won't be long now before the season is over. Is there an date when the season ends in Idaho? I think it's Sept 1st in Utah.e still krome 

They don’t close the season in Idaho, we also caught a bunch of next years kokes that where 10-12”

Went out again this morning and put a couple limits in the boat in 3.5 hours.
I filleted yesterdays fish after they sat on ice all night, the meat is still firm and bright. We caught several chrome 12-14” that will be nice this winter through the ice.

Attached Files Image(s)