Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lowrance 3-1 Transducer Placement Recommendations
Hello,   I wanted to see if anyone has a suggestion for the best placement of my Lowrance 3-1 Transducer for my boat.   My boat is a 1989 Magic Legend 240.  Not a direct fishing boat but is a good all around boat.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Chris
[Image: 20210721-053304.jpg]

[Image: 20210721-053343.jpg]

If you need a different picture please ask.   If you can mark on an image and upload it that would be best.  Thanks
Welcome to the site Chris, I'm going to move your post to a more active board, so you will get more replies. I'll attach a pic with locations circled in red, where I think would be a two good location but without more info it's hard to say for sure.

[Image: boatmagic.jpg]
(07-21-2021, 01:27 PM)MrCntry Wrote: Hello,   I wanted to see if anyone has a suggestion for the best placement of my Lowrance 3-1 Transducer for my boat.   My boat is a 1989 Magic Legend 240.  Not a direct fishing boat but is a good all around boat.

Chris

If you need a different picture please ask.   If you can mark on an image and upload it that would be best.  Thanks
The instructions that came with my Lowrance transducer showed a couple of different locations of where to place it.  It was to the right side of the motor (if looking at it from the back).  It said that the prop wash churns up on the left side of the boat and could interfere with the signal.  Those locations marked by wiperhunter could work, just on the other side.
Yep right side due to the prop turbulence
He also posted this additional info on another forum:
"It is a fiberglass pontoon boat. I am thinking on the back of the starboard pontoon but this area is not flat. It has a slight curve to it. Not sure how this would affect usability. This would also be easier to hit when swimming.

Chris"
(07-21-2021, 01:27 PM)MrCntry Wrote: Hello,   I wanted to see if anyone has a suggestion for the best placement of my Lowrance 3-1 Transducer for my boat.   My boat is a 1989 Magic Legend 240.  Not a direct fishing boat but is a good all around boat.

Chris

I would second WH location of the furthest left red circle, but on the other side as has been mentioned. I would also highly recommend a transducer board to mount it to. That way when you change units or make adjustments, no new holes in the transom.