Strawberry hard time catching 8 kokanee
the wife and I were at Strawberry today
I don't have any trouble catching over 50 cuts but Kokanee is a nother story

this is all we got today

[Image: DSCN2750.jpg]

[Image: DSCN2758.jpg]
 what I'm doing wrong I don't know

(we stopped fishing at 11 am today)
4 downriggers all were close to 40 feet today. Lost my fish hawk $299, be here tomorrow.  so don't know where the 52 deg temp was at.
been using 5.5 in dodgers maybe try using bigger ones are littler ones.
my speed I set my Itroll to 1.6 mph for one min. then cut to .8 mph for 25 sec.  then back to 1.6 mph. for one min. seems to work good for cuts.  

If I go on a Monday I can only catch 3 kokes.  other days 5 are 7  never fish week ends.
It is driving me nuts not catching 8 kokes maybe I need to start staying longer., but it gets to hot for me.

next stop Friday. Flaming gorge not sure what I will do taking my boat and my sons 24' wake board boat.
they have never got a big laker.
We had the same luck the two days prior. Only 1 Koke each day. We spent 6 hours on the water yesterday, had 9 slams on the pole but not 1 hook-up. Fish were there on the finder from 37-51 feet, but lockjaw was had by all. Got a free boat and truck wash yesterday as the strom came in. We could catch a ton of cuts in front of the narrows, but the Kokes were chillin and not playin.
Reports I'm getting from the Gorge is not fairing any better. I'm heading to the Berry tomorrow. Hoping for a descent bite as I haven't experienced one lately.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Could be the full moon, not joking. Even with the smoke it was pretty bright at night which can allow for night feeding? When that happens, activity may extend into early morning but then shut down fast??
Then in afternoon eve it can pick up again. I was up over the weekend, we were getting only 2 to 4 kokes in the few mornings we fished for 3- 4 hours, caught too many cutts for my liking.
Did have a buddy up Monday he got into a few in late afternoon on S. C. Side.
I did hear of a couple decent catches over the weekend, they were fishing very early then they said it quit shortly after it got bright.
That’s fishing, it leaves us all wondering
Mildog
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
If your having any problems with the hookup I've switched out the back hook. You could try a small treble hook, or a different style single hook.
(07-28-2021, 04:09 AM)Mildog Wrote: Could be the full moon, not joking. Even with the smoke it was pretty bright at night which can allow for night feeding? When that happens, activity may extend into early morning but then shut down fast??
Then in afternoon eve it can pick up again. I was up over the weekend, we were getting only 2 to 4 kokes in the few mornings we fished for 3- 4 hours, caught too many cutts for my liking.
Did have a buddy up Monday he got into a few in late afternoon on S. C. Side.
I did hear of a couple decent catches over the weekend, they were fishing very early then they said it quit shortly after it got bright.
That’s fishing, it leaves us all wondering
Mildog

I think the huge full moon plays a role as well. When it's hitting the horizon at daylight just when you're getting on the water the fish and game activity is at it's lowest according to the solunar tables. Directly overhead or underfoot are the high periods and they seem to be more amplified on the full moon and the low activity periods when it's near the horizon is the exact opposite.
Sunrise on the water