Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lost Creek
After a bit of a disappointing Wed morning start at Rockport, we regrouped on a different plan. First chores at the house, second pizza in Morgan, third an evening run to check out Lost Creek.

They have re-paved the Corydon bypass road. Sure helped with the potholes. 

Boats were still launching but we did not drive down the ramp to check it as there were people using it.

Noticed some surface action in the upper marina arm, so walked down to check on it - chubs boiling all over. Grabbed the ULs, small floating jigs on drop shots and a tub of worms and went to work refilling the bait bucket. 

It was nonstop action - it would be a great trip for kids to get some tugs and Smiles and help you get stocked up for cats and winter ice.

While I normally would not shoot a video of catching chubs - we were just having so much fun joking back and forth while we were catching them that I decided to share it.

https://youtu.be/bofQxiJ4aV4

cheers
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Thanks for the report and video Lance, looks like you two did well. Thinning out those chubs helps the kokanee out and they are great bait, also good to hear that bypass road is finished.
Might need to make a trip up to LC soon, before water is too  low.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
I appreciate having a place to go, that is not too far, where I can catch chubs as fast as I can drop my bait down to them. The cutthroat, in Strawberry, really enjoy eating Lost Creek chubs.
Great job. I was up there a couple weeks ago in my boat. Filled a bucket (36 when I got home) on a dozen worms and in an hour or so.  6 inch chubs are right entertaining on a 8 ft tenkara rod.  1/64 oz gold jig with a piece of worm did the trick. More than enough Willard bait, especially  since I slipped on the ramp snot putting the yak in the water last week and tore my hamstring.  Might be a while until I'm back pedaling the SS Rocky.
(08-05-2021, 09:23 PM)FatBiker Wrote: Great job. I was up there a couple weeks ago in my boat. Filled a bucket (36 when I got home) on a dozen worms and in an hour or so.  6 inch chubs are right entertaining on a 8 ft tenkara rod.  1/64 oz gold jig with a piece of worm did the trick. More than enough Willard bait, especially  since I slipped on the ramp snot putting the yak in the water last week and tore my hamstring.  Might be a while until I'm back pedaling the SS Rocky.
You sure come up with a lot of "lame" excuses for not going fishing with me.

Are you going to need medical repair...or just healing?  Best wishes.
(08-05-2021, 09:29 PM)TubeDude Wrote:
(08-05-2021, 09:23 PM)FatBiker Wrote: Great job. I was up there a couple weeks ago in my boat. Filled a bucket (36 when I got home) on a dozen worms and in an hour or so.  6 inch chubs are right entertaining on a 8 ft tenkara rod.  1/64 oz gold jig with a piece of worm did the trick. More than enough Willard bait, especially  since I slipped on the ramp snot putting the yak in the water last week and tore my hamstring.  Might be a while until I'm back pedaling the SS Rocky.
You sure come up with a lot of "lame" excuses for not going fishing with me.

Are you going to need medical repair...or just healing?  Best wishes.
TD, getting old sucks. Someday you'll find out.  2 cm tear right at the sit bone attachment point. Doing everything I can to stay off it for a couple weeks until my return visit to the doc. So far, it seems to be making progress.  Crutches and especially a hip brace are  making a world of difference.
(08-10-2021, 03:09 PM)FatBiker Wrote: TD, getting old sucks. Someday you'll find out.  2 cm tear right at the sit bone attachment point. Doing everything I can to stay off it for a couple weeks until my return visit to the doc. So far, it seems to be making progress.  Crutches and especially a hip brace are  making a world of difference.

Sorry to hear you are having this issue Larry, does not sound like any fun at all. You need to learn to quit chasing those younger women around, lol. Good luck on your continued recovery.