Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lindon with Lee 8-11-21
Met up with fellow tuber Lee at Lindon this morning.  We had put in a reservation for the "No Smoking" section but the order did not get through.  Not as bad as it has been but still yucky.

Launched a bit after 6:30.  Air temp a pleasant 60 degrees...warming to 84 at noon departure.  Water temp 72 t0 75.  Clarity not too bad but too much green...borderline algae bloom.  Water depth in the harbor a marginal 2'.  They better get those big boats out of the slips and loaded on trailers while they still can.

[Image: LINDON-LAUNCH-8-11-21.jpg]

Didn't even try fishing before I got to the bubbleup.  But, as on my last trip there my first cast was smacked by a hungry whitie.  Game on.  Actually, they were kinda sparse for a while.  Got one here and one there.  Then I found where the party was and it was non-stop for the next hour.  Several doubles.  Got a few footlongs too.  When I had enough for my bait and fish fry needs I hollered on Lee to come take over the action...and he did.  He stayed on them quite a while and didn't spend much time chasing kitties.

[Image: WHITIES-HOME.jpg]
[Image: FOOTLONGS.jpg]
[Image: LEE-WHITIE.jpg]

I motored out to about 4' of water...probably over 1/4 mile from shore.  Put out a minnow on one rod and a chunk of white bass on a blue back silver flig on the other.  Had to make some S turns from 3' to almost 5' deep and eventually starting getting some whiskery tugs.  Nothing of much size.  Most were 2-footers with a few another inch or so longer.    But plenty of fun.  About equal on minnows and white bass decorated fligs.  Before heading in at 11:30 I had exercised about a dozen kitties.  Fun fun.
[Image: 2-FOOTER.jpg]
[Image: FLIG-MUNCHER.jpg]

[Image: NO-BUMPS.jpg]

Lee headed in early.  Not sure how he did on cats.

Interestingly, there were 3 guys that had walked out on the exposed bubbleup pipe and were fishing in fairly shallow water.  They had a hot school of white bass going for a while and brought in quite a few until it died.
[Image: PIPELINE-ANGLERS.jpg]

Saw a couple of bank tanglers around the outside of the dikes but didn't see them catch anything.  Depth was less than 2' for a long way out so I doubt there was much potential.  Didn't see any boats go out of Lindon today.  And only saw 1 boat and a couple of jet skis that looked like they may have launched at American Fork.
[Image: BAIT-DINNER.jpg]
It was a good day for sure and thanks for sharing your spot. I have not caught that many white bass in a while. Sure was fun. Kept a few for bait and the rest will be cooked up later today.

[Image: DSC00084.jpg]

all but one of these guys took a red/chartruse wobble whirly jig and the other one took a chunk of cherry chicken
(08-11-2021, 10:54 PM)lee! Wrote: It was a good day for sure and thanks for sharing your spot. I have not caught that many white bass in a while. Sure was fun. Kept a few for bait and the rest will be cooked up later today.

[Image: DSC00084.jpg]

all but one of these guys took a red/chartruse wobble whirly jig and the other one took a chunk of cherry chicken
Like this one?
[Image: SMOOTH-BUT-SMOKEY.jpg]

Yes Sir. Some were tipped with piece of worm but most were just bare. Loved it
Fun times, congrats you guys... Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!