Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Kokes - Sort Of...
My daughter and I went to Strawberry Saturday for some late season Kokanee action. Started at the main marina bay and out into the channel. Hooked a couple of Kokes pretty quick, but ended up LDR. Trolled a couple of hours with a few Cuttys willing to play, but no more Kokanee. Did not see any other boats catching either.

We decided to move to the Soldier Creek side to try a couple of spots that have been great this year. Caught a really chunky Cutty just out of the Narrows. Then my daughter picked up a decent Koke, but not picture-worthy. You could see them hanging in the thermocline between 35'-50', but most had lock jaw. Picked up and released a few smaller Kokes before calling it a day.  Mostly chrome prism dodgers & purple UV squids were working well. Water was 63 degrees. Smoke was less-dense up there than the valley, so a nice break. 

TiteLines
[Image: Big-Cutty-Aug-28.jpg]
Have the crowds thinned a bit with school starting back?
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(08-30-2021, 11:40 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Have the crowds thinned a bit with school starting back?

Yes, we hardly had any company up there on either side of the lake. This is when the hardcore Koke fisherman stay when all others leave...

TiteLines