Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Renegade
Made a first trip to Strawberry today and noticed a sign out by the highway saying the road was closed 12 miles ahead. Are they working on the  bridge where Indian Creek flows into Strawberry again. I know they had the road closed a couple of years back. And come to think of it I haven't noticed any reports of people fishing the Renegade area or launching there.

So my question is can you drive to Renegade.
Yes you can drive to renegade . They are paving the road all the way to Spanish fork canyon.
No problems getting g to Renegade.
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
Does anyone know when they will be done paving and the road will be open? That little cut off when paved will save me about 45 minutes getting to Strawberry.
(08-31-2021, 05:51 PM)elkantlers Wrote: Does anyone know when they will be done paving and the road will be open? That little cut off when paved will save me about 45 minutes getting to Strawberry.

It will save time for me also but I am a bit nervous about it. I'm thinking it will add a bunch of congestion to the area.  If that is true it might not save time.
(08-31-2021, 02:44 PM)Mildog Wrote: Yes you can drive to renegade . They are paving the road all the way to Spanish fork canyon.

Wow, that is something I did not think they would ever do, do you have any idea how long that road is?
(08-31-2021, 10:49 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(08-31-2021, 02:44 PM)Mildog Wrote: Yes you can drive to renegade . They are paving the road all the way to Spanish fork canyon.

Wow, that is something I did not think they would ever do, do you have any idea how long that road is?

From Highway 6 to Renegade is about 16 miles give or take.
(08-31-2021, 11:44 PM)elkantlers Wrote:
(08-31-2021, 10:49 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

From Highway 6 to Renegade is about 16 miles give or take.

Wow, that isn't as far as I thought it would be, thanks for the info.
I drove home that way a couple years ago on the dirt when HWY 40 was closed due to an accident. I was surprised how fast I made it home to Sandy, in spite of it being not paved. When it is paved, It might be a good option if launching out of renegade.
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life