Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Better Day on the Bear River
It's been a hot summer, but it's never too hot to fish is it? Spent a few hours fishing on the Bear River last week, on a cooler day.  Had pretty good luck and caught several cats, mostly just small fish.  Only took this picture of the biggest one. 

[Image: OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg]

Well I’ll let Forest tell you about how we want you to post entries, but I’ll score it as 27 points. Nice catch. Good to see someone up north still catching some. 
(09-01-2021, 02:41 AM)BiggerBait Wrote: It's been a hot summer, but it's never too hot to fish is it? Spent a few hours fishing on the Bear River last week, on a cooler day.  Had pretty good luck and caught several cats, mostly just small fish.  Only took this picture of the biggest one. 

[Image: OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg]

Well I’ll let Forest tell you about how we want you to post entries, but I’ll score it as 27 points. Nice catch. Good to see someone up north still catching some. 

POSTED  1 = 27.0   ( sent you a PM)
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Been a while since I hit the bear. Few questions.

Crowds? Water levels? Bait fish and carp action?
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(09-01-2021, 10:38 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Been a while since I hit the bear. Few questions.

Lance,
I was out to the Bear Bird Refuge on 25 Aug.  The water level from about Whistlers Bend all the way to the bottom bridges was higher than I expected. At that time all the irrigation feed gates were closed, with the 3 at the bridges partially open allowing water out to the Duck hunt areas.  I only took one photo. 

[Image: 023-25-Aug-21-skunked.jpg]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
(09-02-2021, 04:59 PM)Tin-Can Wrote:
(09-01-2021, 10:38 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Been a while since I hit the bear. Few questions.

Lance,
I was out to the Bear Bird Refuge on 25 Aug.  The water level from about Whistlers Bend all the way to the bottom bridges was higher than I expected. At that time all the irrigation feed gates were closed, with the 3 at the bridges partially open allowing water out to the Duck hunt areas.  I only took one photo. 

[Image: 023-25-Aug-21-skunked.jpg]

Txs Forest
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew