Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best time of year??
I know guys really like Strawberry in the fall but for my money right now is the best time of year up there. A guy can wear flip flops and shorts and catch a boat load of fish. 
[Image: Full-Size-R-96.jpg]

[Image: 20210907-124509.jpg]

[Image: 20210907-124820.jpg]

[Image: 20210907-124921.jpg]
Looks like some nice fish, good color on that bow too, thanks for sharing.
Pretty good bend on that fly rod. Cut or bow testing it?
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(09-08-2021, 05:15 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Pretty good bend on that fly rod. Cut or bow testing it?

A Cutt. I don't get the haters who think they don't fight.......
(09-08-2021, 07:11 PM)Panchodog Wrote:
(09-08-2021, 05:15 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Pretty good bend on that fly rod. Cut or bow testing it?

A Cutt. I don't get the haters who think they don't fight.......

I never talk badly about a fish who decides to play either - next time they might give me the equivalent of the fishy finger when my bait drifts by
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
I was up there Tuesday and I don't think you'd be very comfortable wearing shorts and flip flops. It was a balmy 32 degrees when I launched at 7:30AM. It did warm up to 72 degrees when I left at noon. Water temp was 61 degrees. 

I tried trolling some Koke gear early on and had one small hit but think it was a Cutt. There was quite a few on the surface so I tried using a small bobber and jig tipped with a worm. No luck there. Put on a black wolley bugger with a rabbit skin tail and a medium size split shot and that was the ticket. Surprisingly half the ones I caught were Rainbows about 13 inches long and quite plump. They fought harder than the lethargic Cutts that hardly faught at all. I probably lost more than I caught. .