Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water levels continue to drop at UL
We got a real late start this morning, but Vi and I were more than ready to get away from the house.

We launched from LB again, noticed right off, the water had dropped another couple inches. It's making me nervous now, I'm thinking a Provo launch is sounding better. Better spring for a season pass.

We headed north toward BI and weren't catching so we deviated from our plan and headed east, still wondering what happened to the fish we got into earlier. Farther east we finally hooked up with a couple decent fish so we tried to work the area best we could with WB and some bling, switching up colors a couple times. We put some heavy fish in the net, but only one for a bump.

Vi brought one to the net that looked like she lassoed it and tied up all means of propulsion. As she reeled it in we could see it dragging across the water to the boat all the time thinking it might be someones T-shirt.

Here's today's bump, also our double for the day.
[Image: 31inch-Utah-Lake-13-Sept-2021.jpg]

[Image: double-in-the-tub.jpg]

My 30",Vi's 21"
Thanks for the report and pictures. It is amazing how they can be here today and gone in few days. Sometimes even in a few hours. Keep em coming. It's that time of year!
I was at the Lincoln launch this morning to pick up a few wb. The water seems to drop an inch or two every time I go out. Lots of wb in the channel but they have no interest in anything other than the surface midges. I used a small spinner and had to make dozens of casts to finally entice a few to strike. Managed to capture 18 which should get me through the weekend.

Saw two boats launch today -- one small, the other about the same size as mine. Neither boat had any trouble working out the channel. I plan to launch tomorrow (Wed.) so hoping for the best. 

Big cat time.