Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone tell me what these are? picture attached (hopefully)
Hi everyone! I just took up fishing this summer and I only know the very basic stuff that my dad taught me before he passed many years ago. I bought a cheap tackle box at Canadian Tire but it came with these two things and I have no idea what they are. Any help identifying them would be much appreciated!
[Image: 20210919-105046.jpg]
The top one is used to unhook a fish. The bottom one looks like one end could be used to unhook a fish (maybe) and the other end looks like a cheap tool to be used to take the scales off of a fish. I'm running our the door, so will explain later (assuming no one else does first) how one uses the top tool.
(09-19-2021, 04:18 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: The top one is used to unhook a fish.  The bottom one looks like one end could be used to unhook a fish (maybe) and the other end looks like a cheap tool to be used to take the scales off of a fish.  I'm running our the door, so will explain later (assuming no one else does first) how one uses the top tool.

Thanks very much! Smile
The top one has a larger and a smaller end. The smaller end works best on small fish and the larger end works best on larger fish. Slide the tool down your leader, using the slit on the side of the tool, until the end of the tool touches the bend in the hook. Twist the tool a few times to get the leader wrapped around the tool. Gently push down on the tool and this should dislodge the hook. Remove the tool and the hook from the mouth of the fish.