Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Fall Frost ice season on the way
Hey Brett, was fun to meet ya last year at Newton, that was a great day for getting a lot of BFT icefishermen together hope we can do something like that again this year... I agree with you, it is very fun to catch something besides the perch and planter bows... I have really liked the contest to get me out of my old habit of fishing the same perch and bow spots all winter... I still do plenty of that, but it's usually chasing bigger perch... I think your yuba trip catching wipers sounded like a blast... Maybe you found a new spot to ice fish this winter...

Randy, I hope your still on the Henry's cycle when we get up there this year, you'll have to come fish with us or at least meet the crew and see the toys... The group I join in with are a blast and they really seem to scour the ice fishing world so someone always has some of the newest ice fishing toys... It's the closest I get to hitting a trade show... Very fun to learn for these guys... (Ice fishing is their main hobbies so they spend plenty on stuff I only dream about...) Oh and on the 360, I don't know if you can see jigs at your five holes, but you could see fish in the area of your five holes... I think I'm a little like you found last year, more successful with fewer poles, but paying attention to those poles more closely... I have had times when the jaw jackers were the only fish I caught on Henry's though.. So I usually have a few of them out as well.. We may try some more Idaho lakes this winter, so I'll have to check in when we head your direction..

Shawn, I'm all in on the swap meet, if I can convince myself to part with anything... Man I'll bet you're excited for the ice season with the 360... I think you're the only one I know that has the ice system in Utah that I know... Hopefully I'll join you with one, I have watched way too many YouTube videos so I want one way too bad... I sure hope they end up working as well as they look like they will.. I'm such a believer in the side finder after the summer trips, that I'm pretty sure the 360 will open a whole new dimension to ice fishing for us... Hopefully I won't stick in the same dead area too long like I tend to do.., also hope I don't start getting too mobile chasing every fish that shows up around me... Will be a fun learning curve... Oh and if BL freezes I'd love to join you, sort of, you always catch all the big fish so there is that problem, but other than that it would be great to join you... Looking forward to the ice season... Thanks all... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!

Messages In This Thread
RE: First Fall Frost ice season on the way - by SkunkedAgain - 09-21-2021, 12:58 PM