Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview report
Cowboy and I met up with Curt and Ira at Pineview to see about catching some Crappie

Fished the narrows. Water was low 60's. Lots of carp surface activity and maybe a few musky swirls in the early AM. Ira taught me what to look for when a musky swirls.Was there at about 7 AM. Cowboy used his castable sonar to check depth / temp and for critters. The area we fished, caretaker side, was pretty shallow, a lot less depth than when were there last - like 20-30 ft less maybe - at least the areas I was willing to walk to - some other brave souls billy goat crawled to some spots that looked to have better depths but we did not see them get any action. Only marked depth to 11 ft as far as cowboy could toss his sonar. Never found any suspended crappie but the bluegills were very active in spots. They took small jigs fished off a bobber and tipped with a worm. Our best action was on a orange power bait jig on a 16th oz head, but we caught them any a number of other colors. Tried the bottom with a floating pugly bug for perch and had a few takes but not much bottom action in that area. Ira tangled with a big musky, but it laughed at his panfish set up after a few minutes and sent him back a cut line for his efforts.

If I was going back to try again, might swing off the other side and try to find some perch or maybe walk in rattlesnake cove to the entrance of the narrows and try that. 

But the gills were fun. Curt and Ira were also reeling in the gills.

[Image: 20210928-073336.jpg]
Nice to get out and share the shore line with you and Cookie. It sure looks different than last year. Here are a couple of pics I took.

[Image: 20210928-080102-HDR.jpg]

[Image: 20210928-082115.jpg]

After we left, we drove over to the boat launch and found out they are planning on keeping the new gate open until the snow gets too deep, so it might be open for a while, guess we will see.
Then we drove up to Causey and checked it out, I should have taken some pics but that did not happen but the lake is about 60 to 70 ft low.
Cookie! Sorry, I don't mean to spoil your day, BUT, it appears you are fishing the wrong side of the buoy line. You might have to go to jail.

rj