Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sharptail grouse
I went north of St. Anthony Sharptail hunting yesterday. Seen some good flocks of sharppies. I must have seen 40 birds or more. Only four sage hen. I usually hunt sage hen but this year I missed the new rules and tags for them. But I think the Sharptail are doing well.
Nice, glad to hear that, so dry around here that I don't think birds did so well this year. I'm guessing the new sage grouse regs caught a lot of people by surprise.
(10-02-2021, 03:41 PM)fast_randy Wrote: I went north of St. Anthony Sharptail hunting yesterday. Seen some good flocks of sharppies. I must have seen 40 birds or more. Only four sage hen. I usually hunt sage hen but this year I missed the new rules and tags for them. But I think the Sharptail are doing well.

I haven't hunted Sharp tail or Sage grouse in a lot of years. What are the new rules for Sage grouse? How did you do on the Sharp tail?
You have to buy tags now, but they're set up on a quota system, can buy as many tags as you want, but once they sell out, that's it, they've made hunting zones for them now.