Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard No. Marina Conditions Update
(10-31-2021, 06:34 PM)Crimson Wrote: Thanks for the report.  I'm glad they are making improvements to the launch ramps at Echo and Willard.  

Thinking about all the other waters with launch ramps, don't understand why there doesn't seem to be any urgency to take advantage of a bad situation with water levels in Utah.  To me, you try to make lemonade out of lemons.

The water levels are already leveling off and starting to rise.  I don't see any reports that the Powell launch ramps are getting major work to extend and widen all launch ramps.  I would also like to see improvement to the Port launch ramp at Pineview.  Looks like there is some work going on, but planning for taking advantage of the situation doesn't seem very forward thinking to me.

There is a lot of difference between proactive and reactive.  Unfortunately...and not making excuses for the "powers that be"...but all that stuff requires planning and budgeting and scheduling.  And the wheels turn slowly.

I guess we gotta be properly grateful for what improvements we DO get, and can only hope for the rest.  After all, we know there will never be any other extreme low water years in the future.  Right?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Willard No. Marina Conditions Update - by TubeDude - 10-31-2021, 07:11 PM