Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek 11 5 2021
have not heard a lot about deer creek looked like about 10 boats there today
trolling for rainbows with downriggers It was non stop catching till 9:30 
we did OK used about 24 worms   they are not to big brought 3 home one was 19" two 17"
started out with two flicker shad,  one silver the other green  and two pro trolls I make for kokanee
the silver flicker shad stopped working so changed that to a green 4" dodger and a green spinner
I have never seen this before started reeling in a fish I could see 4 rainbows all hooked, that I was reeling in, all 4 of are lines had a fish on 
all the lines had got tangled 
the green flicker shad was back 60' and down 5 feet on the down rigger.    the other stuff was down between 20 and 30 feet.
the water I was in was 60 to 70 feet deep.  I did catch some in 80 feet water.

bot a new garmin force trolling motor it worked good but they were saying you could get 3 to 4 mph but not my boat could only get 2.5 MPH
but that is better than the minn kota .
then they said you could get 10 hr. out of the battery's   (maybe in spot lock)   not going 1.7mph like I was going

HIGH-POWERED
Force trolling motor has the power to move you from spot to spot more quickly and stand up better to winds and currents — and it’s still whisper quiet.

REMARKABLE EFFICIENCY
The high-efficiency brushless motor operates at either 36 V or 24 V. When running at 24 V, it delivers comparable thrust to our competitors’ 36-V motors.
I was up there as well. We also did pretty well, most of them planter size. Early it seems they would take anything. Later in the day green and white seemed to be the ticket. We had multiple doubles and a triple. Probably going to hit it one last time tomorrow. Marked a lot right on the bottom but couldn’t catch any. Caught most of ours running 15’ down. Tried going deeper hoping for bigger still picked up the planters. Great day on the water
DC seems to be treating trout chasers pretty well this fall. Use to some big browns there. Any signs of them?
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(11-06-2021, 03:53 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: DC seems to be treating trout chasers pretty well this fall. Use to some big browns there. Any signs of them?
There are still plenty of browns in DC.  But most of them are probably up in the Provo River...lookin' for love.
(11-06-2021, 04:22 PM)TubeDude Wrote:
(11-06-2021, 03:53 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: DC seems to be treating trout chasers pretty well this fall. Use to some big browns there. Any signs of them?
There are still plenty of browns in DC.  But most of them are probably up in the Provo River...lookin' for love.

Ah yes... tis the season for whatever the equivalent of roses and candy are for our friends the aquatic germans. I better drop down to the weber river and pay my respects with a peace offering of scuds or maybe a muddler minnow
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(11-06-2021, 04:56 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote:
(11-06-2021, 04:22 PM)TubeDude Wrote:

Ah yes... tis the season for whatever the equivalent of roses and candy are for our friends the aquatic germans. I better drop down to the weber river and pay my respects with a peace offering of scuds or maybe a muddler minnow
Are you some kinda prevert...or you just wanna watch?

Just a reminder to anglers who might wanna play with the frisky browns at this time of year...be respectful of the "redds"...nesting sites.  Don't just go blindly tromping through the gravel beds.
I too chase trout and enjoy catching them. I git a kick out some of the purist on this website that think that because someone and there wife
enjoy fishing that they are SLIME chasers. I also enjoy catching all the catfish that my friend will take all league. If I catch a Trout that is a nice fish over 2 pounds and i can turn it lose off it goes I do not fish with anything but steel fish hooks because the rest will not disintegrate after you cut the line, I enjoy the website but remember there are other people out there the enjoy things fishing then you , for trout and I also pay for a license.
Hit DC again. Still red hot, my kids had a great time. We even caught a few over 2lbs. Pretty much all depths and colors. Probably last trip of the year as weather looks to be changing next week and time to winterize the boat. I even tried trolling without tipping with worms and still caught fish. Just not as fast.