Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you launch at pineview at all?
Hey BFTers. I have looked on the threads and I'm not being overtly lazy. I am curious if you can launch at any ramp. Guessing the main ramp near the narrows would be the only option. I have tentative outing planned tomorrow but just heard from a guy verbally that you cant launch at all. But I don't know the guy at all haha. I'll trust you BFT guys over him. Oh by the way if you can launch, how can I catch a muskie hahaha. I kid on that one. Keep casting, trolling, and get lucky

Thanks

John
(11-20-2021, 07:37 PM)johnboy83 Wrote: Hey BFTers. I have looked on the threads and I'm not being overtly lazy. I am curious if you can launch at any ramp. Guessing the main ramp near the narrows would be the only option. I have tentative outing planned tomorrow but just heard from a guy verbally that you cant launch at all. But I don't know the guy at all haha. I'll trust you BFT guys over him. Oh by the way if you can launch, how can I catch a muskie hahaha. I kid on that one. Keep casting, trolling, and get lucky

Thanks

John

I haven't been up there this week but last week the Port ramp was still open, the one on cemetery point is closed for the year. The people we see fishing for muskie are trolling for them, not many people cast for them this time of the year but TubeDude caught one last month, using a flig I believe.
https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/showthre...pid1125200
threw the drifty in 2 weeks ago from port ramp
good 2 go
[Image: Resized_SavedImage_1107210707b_314663025...fit=bounds]
a pontoon party barge was able to launch
water vis meh
but ive heard its improved
if ya aint never thrown 5 to 6 inch wet socks on a full sinking line and a 10 weight whippy stick in the wind
id start with a different method
#10,000 casts
"I have found I have had my reward
In the doing of the thing" Halden Buzz Holmstrom
(11-20-2021, 07:37 PM)johnboy83 Wrote: Hey BFTers. I have looked on the threads and I'm not being overtly lazy. I am curious if you can launch at any ramp. Guessing the main ramp near the narrows would be the only option. I have tentative outing planned tomorrow but just heard from a guy verbally that you cant launch at all. But I don't know the guy at all haha. I'll trust you BFT guys over him. Oh by the way if you can launch, how can I catch a muskie hahaha. I kid on that one. Keep casting, trolling, and get lucky

Thanks

John

Just checking to see if you were able to launch at Pineview?
i really wanted to go today
but the better 1/2 has a dumpster at the crib and family coming for the holiday's
and i dont want all my belongings in it

Thanks

John

launched Saturday  morning from the port ramp no problems at all, the boat is a 17' Bass tracker Only Boat on water Caught no Musky , but caught some Crappies though.
Yep, no problems launching. No gate yet either. It’s still sitting in the adjacent field on pallets
(11-22-2021, 09:45 PM)chipfliper Wrote:  launched Saturday  morning from the port ramp no problems at all, the boat is a 17' Bass tracker Only Boat on water Caught no Musky , but caught some Crappies though.

Thanks for the report and for the update on the launch ramp. Welcome to the site.
Thanks for the report guys.
still good to go
hard to beat late indian summers
[Image: 20211128_080018.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds][/URL]
november glass doesnt suck
[Image: 20211128_091635.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
kinda surprised at the lack of boat traffic for a sunday
1/2 dozen yackers and a tooner or 2
the yaker i pulled out with around 3 had a pretty nice basket of perch and crappie.
1 power squader but they pretty much staid in the dam arm and outta the way
Actually saw a few +3' striped water wolfs cruising the surface and managed to try n chase em down and present a few casts of increased hope
some skim ice in the back bays
bout 10 my poopfish friends showed up and played the bent whippy stick skunk saver game
[Image: 20211128_115515.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
[Image: 20211128_110508.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
[Image: IMG_0726_(1).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]

the basin needs snow
looks good from far 
[Image: IMG_0715_(3).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
but id bet the skiings far from good
toss big junk and git its while you can
holiday cheers
[Image: 20211128_141753.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]