Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starbucks vs Dutch Brothers coffee?
Seems like a lot of people like Starbucks coffee but recently a Dutch brothers built a store in Riverdale. It is really amazing how many people go to Dutch brothers(DB) rather than Starbucks(SB). On busy days the SB's has 8 to 10 cars in line but at DB's there are 30 to 40 cars in line, that is two rows of cars over 100 yds long, plus people waiting in line outside the store, just trying to walk in. I'm guessing DB's prices are a lot cheaper but I'm not in to those type of coffee hot spots, I just make my own but do any of you know what the attraction is?
DB's is the best coffee ever, at least that's what I've been told.
Starbucks is the worst garbage I ever tasted.  I just want a cup of good tasting coffee.  Keep it simple.  If it's a bitter dark roast, I add a little creamer.  I don't need or want any of that flavored sewage they pawn off on the public in so called 'coffee' houses.  Checking out the DB menu, I didn't see straight up coffe - just tons of that flavored swill that non-coffee lovers tend to swoon over.  I'll pass - thank you very much.   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
I'm with dubob. The "stuff" they serve at Lottabucks is mostly milk and sugar. If you can figure out how to get a cup of straight coffee from them with their secret language, it'll be some burnt tar substance. Give me some home coffee or decent truck stop Joe. Maverik makes good coffee.
DB has ( or had, haven’t been to one for awhile) a good plain medium roast old school coffee that was much better then the “bucks” dark roasts IMO. I think part of the DB attraction is/was that they served a wide variety of drinks (not just coffee).
a guy just cant beat a cup of FOLGERS , and just coffee, nothing else but COFFEE,
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
I'm not much on fancy coffees either. You can't beat the aroma of old school a fresh brewed pot filling the home. I love camp coffee next to the clean pine air getting a morning of fishing in.  Big Grin 
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
What makes me laugh is that in a state where half the population is supposed to abstain from coffee, there's a coffee shop of some kind on every corner.
Well, I will say this. been to Starbucks maybe 25 times in my life in different cities and different states. In almost every instance I was satisfied with the flavor, taste, and aroma of the fresh ground beans which produced an enjoyable great tasting cup of coffee. 
   About a year ago the local neighborhood, do it yourself car wash was torn down to make way for a new Dutch Brothers Coffee House. The car wash was very convenient and used quite often after many Utah fishing trips. Right off the bat, before the new building was even finished the Dutch Brothers Coffee House had a couple of missed strikes against them. One, my car wash was torn down and two, I never have heard of this new coffee shop. I found the Coffee to be Excellent !!! and the price fair for just a regular coffee. What blew Starbucks away was how I was treated by the employees and get this, the great time I had with the other customers while enjoying our coffee. I never had a good experience with the Starbuck stores no matter what city or state I was in. Starbucks and its employees always treated me and made me feel like one of Hilary's deplorables, if you get my drift. Want a good cup of Coffee and a good experience. Dutch Bros 7890 So. 700 E. Sandy.  The Girls are really Pretty too.      
   Hot Coffee and Ice Fishing, go get men.