Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berry 3-5
Had this trip planned for few weeks to take my daughter, her best friend and husband out for their first ever ice fishing trip. Rangled Obi into going along for support and having some extra gear with the newbies. Wasn’t sure we were going to pull it off with the weather forecast but decided to give it a shot as it looked like there was going to be a window in the am. Met Obi at 4:15 in Riverdale and head up to meet the others in Heber at 6. Roads were good, got to Park City area and the fog was thick and then going into Heber the highway was closed due to an accident so had to detour through Midway. Got to the lake around 6:45 and headed to the east side from the marina with the ATV and snowmobile, set up in 80’ of water. Shawn and I got my crew set up with rods and the fishing started, the larger white tubes weren’t getting the attention they were on the last trip so ended up changing over to crappie tubes and Gizzilas in white tipped with crawler pieces. 1st fish was a koke on the jawjacker at 12’, then the cutt action started and continued through the day. Fish were just under the ice and down to 12’, 50’ and at 70’, all areas produced. Bite was pretty much very lite with fish grabbing the tubes and just sitting there, so ended up switching the girls over to some perch rods that were able to detect the slight movement. That helped them and they were able to detect the bite and put fish on the ice, Tyler having fished a lot before picked it up very quickly. It didn’t take them long to key in on the fish finder and start chasing marks and hooking up, they put at least 30 fish on the ice and missed a bunch more. Ty got 1 slot buster for sure and maybe 1 other that came off after pulling it up and then slid down another hole. As none of them had been on a snowmobile, they did spend a few minutes each riding around the lake.  There was about 6”s of fresh snow and no slush, ice is at least 20”, weather was great with no wind, sun and a couple snow storms came through. Big thanks to Shawn for the help, fun day with my daughter and her friends. Shawn spent some time moving around as usual  and did well, he can add those details 

[Image: 37-C02351-E756-4202-B49-C-86414-E867-B84.jpg]

[Image: 40-C2-BE04-7235-467-B-B200-28-E38-EF4303-D.jpg]

[Image: 54-B05-D07-94-C6-400-F-ADF3-35-F78-DAC0-B21.jpg]

[Image: 592-B7534-0944-479-B-9701-7-BA06-CE540-BF.jpg]

[Image: 7-C822-B2-A-D63-E-420-B-B837-D55-E0-DCF2106.jpg]

[Image: 7-D6-A2278-4907-4-DCD-904-D-F06-E75-BE1-FBB.jpg]

[Image: C46-F75-D9-3482-4250-BEA3-8461-FA8-BE896.jpg]

[Image: C6-AEE94-A-66-F4-411-E-8-AB0-E3-F7287-FCD29.jpg]

[Image: E2-D24239-1-EFE-4602-A1-E5-99-F2-C0-CD560-D.jpg]
Cool pics, great report.
It was great fishing with and getting to know Alan’s crew as Allen mentioned I moved around a bit I caught 5 at our first stop but was not seeing a lot of marks so I moved a couple times until I got into 36’ of water where I was seeing more marks I was working mainly from the bottom up to 25’ where I caught half my fish but fish would pass through at 10’ and I would reel up to them and they would bite aggressively they made up the other half. Surprisingly the best bite was in the second half of the day. I caught them on my favorite white with red flake Gitzilla tipped with meal worm. My total for today was 39. Thanks for letting me tag along Allen.
Wow looks like it turned out really well congrats you guys. Glad you had a great trip and that’s a nice koke. Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(03-06-2022, 03:30 AM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Wow looks like it turned out really well congrats you guys. Glad you had a great trip and that’s a nice koke. Later J

Thanks it was a fun day. The koke was nice, going to be some nice fish in there this summer
Great report and pics Alan, looks like the newbies to fishing did good for their first trip on the ice. Always great when a plan comes together like that. Was there many people fishing near you? Congrats on the koke, that's a rare catch at the Berry on the ice for most people.
(03-06-2022, 02:17 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Great report and pics Alan, looks like the newbies to fishing did good for their first trip on the ice. Always great when a plan comes together like that. Was there many people fishing near you? Congrats on the koke, that's a rare catch at the Berry on the ice for most people.

Thanks, only a couple people in the area we were at, some over by the narrows entrance and another group over by sage. Looked like a fairly big crowd over toward chicken and the normal cluster of folks by the marina. I believe that the weather forecast kept quite a few away, parking lot was only about a 1/3 full
Fun times with family, it doesn't get any better  Cool
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF