Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
warm water fishing
was just wondering if anyone knows a good spot to fish for some warmwater fish here in colorado. ive fished for trout lots, but being from the south i miss warmwater fishing. i would appreciate any info or tips. <br><br>
Just in fun!!! my tip is go back south!! you already know the water gets warmer sooner down to the south. My info is that the water ther won't be good for warm water fishing untill about the first of June. Keep us posted on your progress on hunting for the warm water.<br><br>Texas Gulf Coast Fisher.
I dont knoe much about your state but you may want to check lower elivations should be wormer.<br><br>any who, how is the ice fishing out your way?<br><br><A HREF="http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/MESS6438/" target="_new">http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/MESS6438/</A> <br>Lookie See what the kids are up to.<br>Dave T. Clown
not sure about the ice fishing. i havent gotten brave enough to try that yet. my husband and i have all the gear, but i always chicken out at the last minute. bbbbrrrrrr it gets cold out there ya know lol. thanks to both of you for responding to my question. we have been to pueblo res. a few times in the summer, but other than a few smallmouths we've struck out. was just hoping someone would share a good spot with me. or maybe their secret 'catch yer limit everyday' spot (hint hint)<br><br>
I am afraid that there is no resipie for that kind of action, not even the "pros" have that kind of luck they have to work at it.<br><br>best thing I can say is work every thing you have in your your box. selecting the day you go out is the best tool you can rely on. some days those fishies just have to take a nap.<br><br>BFT has some good vidios on catching bass, you may want to get a copie. they will tell you where to look for them and how to present you lures.<br><br><A HREF="http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/MESS6438/" target="_new">http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/MESS6438/</A> <br>Lookie See what the kids are up to.<br>Dave T. Clown
This time of year our lakes are just starting to warm up. What kind of warm water fish are you looking for. Lake Pueblo offers smallmouth which will hit jerkbaits, Rapala shad raps and cd sinking 7's also 1/4oz jig heads with yamamoto gubs are good. Spinnerbaits will work on both largemouth and smallmouth. Walleyes will hit jerkbaits, grubs and both Rapala shad raps and cd 7's sinking. Yamamoto senkos will also work as the weather warms up. Yamamoto grub colors that are good are cinnamon with green flake, smoke with black flake. Spinnerbaits like Terminators and others in different colors will work. These are just a few of the lures I fish I also like crankbaits like Bombers and Bandits. If you like crappie fishiing Blue lake in the eastern part of the state is good and so is John Martin. John Martin is an excellant walleye fishery. John Martin also has some good bass fishing and cat fishing. Lake Pueblo is a good walleye and catfish lake. <br><br>
Nice info post, spinnerhappy.<br>I noticed that you registered last month, but this is your first post. I want to welcome you tothe Great BFT board.Have fun<br><br>Texas Gulf Coast Fisher.
[center]In addition to my post in the Fresh water fish forum, may I add that Barbour Ponds is also doing well right now, but just the first two ponds. The back ones are low on water and the pelicans are having a field day with the concentrated, no-where-to-run fish. Its a great place to take the kids plus, it is handi-capped equipped for those who need accomodations. Now that the water is warming, the bass will be hitting.

[Image: MESS3307CustomImage1832782.gif][/center]
I don't do much warm water fishing, but got a mess of 1 to 1.5 lb crappie out of John Martin several years ago. I often hear of good fishing at Nee Noshee in the same area. As others have said, Pueblo has developed into a good warm water fishery. Cherry Creek Reservoir near Denver is noted for its 10+ lb. walleye. There's also a small (30 acre?) pond, maybe a couple, at I-70 and Ward Road in Arvada. I think it's a Game and Fish experimental area for bass. You can't use power craft and have to release all the fish.<br><br>Although I've caught some bluegill, sunfish, crappie, and small bass at Barbour Lakes, I think most of the fishing there is for stocker trout. No power craft allowed there either. <br><br>From what I've seen, you'll probably find the warm water fishing a little different here than in the South. Most of our warm water lakes are pretty barren looking on the surface. I'd guess it's more structure fishing here than down South which seems to have a lot of tree stumps, thick grass, and lilly pads.<br><br>About five to eight years ago, there weren't many good warm water fisherman in this state. You'd hear, on a fairly regular basis, about transplants to this state, who knew how to warm water fish, pulling out some pretty big (8-12 lb is big to us) bass out of small neighborhood ponds. There's probably a few still around.<br><br>It sounds like you've been in Colorado for a while. I'm sure you've seen the fishing report in the Wednesday Rocky Mtn. News Sports Section -- and I assume the same for the Denver Post. It seems to give good coverage on warm water fishing. <br><br>
Its nice to find warm water in Colorado.
Because in Michigan it is below 10 degrees with 20 inches of ice on Valentine's day
The gift will be great
A HAPPY FINDER FOUND THE HEART.
[signature]
congradulations on yor find.

I will have your treasure out to you A-sap.

worm days are just a head, and not far off according to the forcast, forty degrees on thursday and fryday, Grab the sun tan lotion[cool]
[signature]