Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Think'n Strawberry
Is Renegade still accessible by road and is the ramp there usable?
I can't imagine it not being but thought I had better ask if anybody has info. before I make the long drive.  I am planning on going up Sheep Creek if possible if someone knows anything about road conditions please let me know.
I can not imagine there being any problems but asking doesn't hurt.
Been off hunting and whatnot for a month or better so i've not been up that way at all.

Thank you for any help!
A guy I know launched at Renegade this morning.
The gate was still open on the new road.
Looking at the cameras on UDOT website there doesn't seem to be much snow if any at all on the north side of the lake
Haven't been to the Renegade side, but went to Soldier Creek this morning via highway 40. No snow at all. 34* temp at 8:00 am, glass water and sunshine. A little wind came up about 11:00. Maybe that helps.
Thanks you guys.
The plan was for tomorrow but I didn't get done today what I needed so it's now Fri.
I'll post on how it was.
(12-01-2021, 11:32 PM)brookie Wrote: Haven't been to the Renegade side, but went to Soldier Creek this morning via highway 40. No snow at all. 34* temp at 8:00 am, glass water and sunshine. A little wind came up about 11:00. Maybe that helps.

Did you go trolling for kokanees at soldier creek??
(12-02-2021, 01:20 AM)PACMEN Wrote: Thanks you guys.
The plan was for tomorrow but I didn't get done today what I needed so it's now Fri.
I'll post on how it was.

The DWR fishing spots web site says they closed the gate on Sheep Creek on the 22nd. Sad
Went up to Renegade Friday and there was no snow anywhere on the roads. The gate to the Sheep Creek road near Renegade was open when we drove by. The fishing was fantastic. We invited a couple of 18" rainbows home with us for dinner and turned everything else back. Lots and lots of slot cuts in the 17-20 inch range. The weather was fantastic, lots of sun and no wind till 3PM.
I was at Regegade on Friday Dec 3rd. The ramp is good with no ice and the courtesy dock is still in the water. Air temp at 8:00AM was 23 degrees and 52 when I left at noon. The water temp was 38 degrees and warmed to 40 degrees when I left. Fihing was slow for me I only netted 14 all in the slot. Plus I forgot and left fly box at home.

I was mainly interested in testing a new lithium battery I recently bought. It has a 11 year warranty, it charges 5 times faster, it lasts 4 times as long as a regular marine battery, twice the power of a traditional batteries and it only weighs 17lbs. When I got home it only took 20 minutes to charge. Plus I had the sonar unit hooked to it too. I think I'm going to like it. A bit pricy but I think it's going to be well worth it especially when regular marine batteries only last on average a couple of years.
(12-02-2021, 02:34 AM)doitall5000 Wrote:
(12-01-2021, 11:32 PM)brookie Wrote: Haven't been to the Renegade side, but went to Soldier Creek this morning via highway 40. No snow at all. 34* temp at 8:00 am, glass water and sunshine. A little wind came up about 11:00. Maybe that helps.

Did you go trolling for kokanees at soldier creek??

Sorry I didn't see this question right off. Yes we got 3 kokanee and lost several more on SC. Size was kind of small though. I think Robert did better on Jordanelle.