Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln drive by
I recently emerged from a prolonged hibernation and decided to take a little drive out to Lincoln. Didn't take any fishin' stuff, just wanted to see if there was any action, ice, or water. To my surprise, the parking lot was almost full, three or four trailers, and a few tanglers. Noticed a crowd of people out on the end of the north berm -- no doubt working a frenzy of white bass, so I ducked past the gated road and drove out to check it out. Mistake. Got halfway to the end of the "road" and noticed a lot of white shirts, thinly glad ladies, and others dressed in Sunday-go-to-meetin' clothes. When I got past the point of backing my truck out I could see that there was a wedding in progress. I apologized profusely, asked if I could turn around and get out of there. They were nice about it but I felt bad about the bride and her maids having to step off into the frags while I turned my truck around. The things I see at UL never cease to amaze me.

Anyhow, no ice -- even in the channel, and none observed out in deep water. The channel depth looked respectable, and a couple of tanglers were fishing along the south berm. Also, a few guys fishing from the shore at all three springs. Did not see any waders or other walleye-types fishing near the orchard. There was a pretty good flow of water coming into the lake from the BS, probably mini run-off from the mild temps the past few days. The water situation does not look good unless the coming storm is a big one and we get a few more to go with it. 

Air temp was 48 degrees (too cold for a wedding) but enough to get my cat blood stirred up. Looking forward to rassling with that 36 incher this year. Hoping for the best to come.
BLK
(02-20-2022, 01:09 AM)Boatloadakids Wrote: I recently emerged from a prolonged hibernation and decided to take a little drive out to Lincoln. Didn't take any fishin' stuff, just wanted to see if there was any action, ice, or water. To my surprise, the parking lot was almost full, three or four trailers, and a few tanglers. Noticed a crowd of people out on the end of the north berm -- no doubt working a frenzy of white bass, so I ducked past the gated road and drove out to check it out. Mistake. Got halfway to the end of the "road" and noticed a lot of white shirts, thinly glad ladies, and others dressed in Sunday-go-to-meetin' clothes. When I got past the point of backing my truck out I could see that there was a wedding in progress. I apologized profusely, asked if I could turn around and get out of there. They were nice about it but I felt bad about the bride and her maids having to step off into the frags while I turned my truck around. The things I see at UL never cease to amaze me.

Anyhow, no ice -- even in the channel, and none observed out in deep water. The channel depth looked respectable, and a couple of tanglers were fishing along the south berm. Also, a few guys fishing from the shore at all three springs. Did not see any waders or other walleye-types fishing near the orchard. There was a pretty good flow of water coming into the lake from the BS, probably mini run-off from the mild temps the past few days. The water situation does not look good unless the coming storm is a big one and we get a few more to go with it. 

Air temp was 48 degrees (too cold for a wedding) but enough to get my cat blood stirred up. Looking forward to rassling with that 36 incher this year. Hoping for the best to come.
blk

I to was down there, but I took my boat, it looked like some king of high school dance or sumthin,  I have seen alot of wedding pics down there with the mountains in the background,

There was a guywho drove out to the end of the rocks on first spring, was waitng for in to drop off the end, but he made it out, glad you made it through the winter ok, was beginning to wonder about you, better get the boat out get it ready.

Anyway, harbor depth 2 ft +-, water temp 38, no eyes today, did get WB and a 25 inch northern by first spring, no tag, home she came, beautiful day , 

[Image: IMG-20220219-151425307.jpg]      [Image: IMG-20220219-083539873-HDR.jpg]    [Image: IMG-20220219-151329969.jpg]     [Image: IMG-20220219-084149799.jpg]

O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
I was wondering about the harbor. I went to provo to check my impeller and water pump to make sure they were pushing water through what would be like a pee hole on many boats. Last fall I wasn't getting water moving through in my driveway so I was worried I may have issues but it was just muffs or water pressure. I had great Easter flow. Then a friend showed me how to change lower unit oil. I'm ready for the year I hope.
[quote pid="1130148" dateline="1645321337"]
I to was down there, but I took my boat, it looked like some king of high school dance or sumthin,  I have seen alot of wedding pics down there with the mountains in the background,

There was a guywho drove out to the end of the rocks on first spring, was waitng for in to drop off the end, but he made it out, glad you made it through the winter ok, was beginning to wonder about you, better get the boat out get it ready.

Anyway, harbor depth 2 ft +-, water temp 38, no eyes today, did get WB and a 25 inch northern by first spring, no tag, home she came, beautiful day , 

[Image: IMG-20220219-151425307.jpg][Image: IMG-20220219-083539873-HDR.jpg][Image: IMG-20220219-151329969.jpg][Image: IMG-20220219-084149799.jpg]

[/quote]
Glad you were able to make it out.  Did you get out to Bird Island? 

Nice work on the pike.  Seems to be a few more showing up already this year...of all sizes. 

By the way, you need to get back into your post and edit the pics.  You need to put a space between them or they all show up as the first pic...the pike. 

Still need a bit of time for the water to warm a couple of degrees and to oxygenate some more.  I will probably be hitting it around the first of March.

(02-20-2022, 01:09 AM)Boatloadakids Wrote: I recently emerged from a prolonged hibernation and decided to take a little drive out to Lincoln. Didn't take any fishin' stuff, just wanted to see if there was any action, ice, or water. To my surprise, the parking lot was almost full, three or four trailers, and a few tanglers. Noticed a crowd of people out on the end of the north berm -- no doubt working a frenzy of white bass, so I ducked past the gated road and drove out to check it out. Mistake. Got halfway to the end of the "road" and noticed a lot of white shirts, thinly glad ladies, and others dressed in Sunday-go-to-meetin' clothes. When I got past the point of backing my truck out I could see that there was a wedding in progress. I apologized profusely, asked if I could turn around and get out of there. They were nice about it but I felt bad about the bride and her maids having to step off into the frags while I turned my truck around. The things I see at UL never cease to amaze me.

BLK
Thanks for the info update...you "wedding crasher".  Hope the sight of open water helps relieve some of your anxiety...even if it increases your itch to get on the water.  Soon, my son.  Soon.  And I'm sure your 3-footer is anxious to do battle too.
(02-20-2022, 02:59 PM)TubeDude Wrote: [quote pid="1130148" dateline="1645321337"]

[Image: IMG-20220219-151425307.jpg][Image: IMG-20220219-083539873-HDR.jpg][Image: IMG-20220219-151329969.jpg][Image: IMG-20220219-084149799.jpg]

Glad you were able to make it out.  Did you get out to Bird Island? 

Nice work on the pike.  Seems to be a few more showing up already this year...of all sizes. 

By the way, you need to get back into your post and edit the pics.  You need to put a space between them or they all show up as the first pic...the pike. 

Still need a bit of time for the water to warm a couple of degrees and to oxygenate some more.  I will probably be hitting it around the first of March.

BLK
Thanks for the info update...you "wedding crasher".  Hope the sight of open water helps relieve some of your anxiety...even if it increases your itch to get on the water.  Soon, my son.  Soon.  And I'm sure your 3-footer is anxious to do battle too.
[/quote]

I went to the island today, done some auto chart over the south west corer,  got blown off about 11. missed one when I wasnt paying attention and one by first spring.

I did have thought, when I was going out the harbor looking back and seeing my truck sittin there all by its self,   I thought am I crazy for going out fishing,  But then I thought NOPE its everyone else who isn't.  Big Grin Big Grin
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]