Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Been missing in action
Finally made it back on site, my wife and I lost our home to a fire on Sept 12th, so things are starting to get back to normal. Finally got my computer back after getting it cleaned and checked out. I did take my first and last swan, wanted one to mount. Getting ready to take off for my annual goose hunt in WY. Monday, been looking forward to that. Glad to be back to see what all has been going on these last few months.
Dang -- sorry to hear about your house...that really, really sucks....hope you rescued more than your computer....anything you need help replacing?? I am pretty sure many of us have, or are, dealing with issues that seem way out of proportion to what we deserve, and I know it can take time, effort, $, change in lifestyle, or maybe forgiving or just forgetting...to move ahead....Sounds like you're on your way, especially if you're going to head out to chase the geese!  Good luck with that, and especially with your house situation...
I'm amazed but glad that you are able to manage anything other than house recovery. I'm sure it's a mental boost to be able to do so. If there's any gear or anything else you need, PM me.
Sorry to hear that Pete. Glad to see you & your family is ok. My thoughts are with you during this holiday season.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Welcome back Pete.  I hope your hunt with Aaron works out for you.  Did you salvage any of your ice fishing gear from the house fire?
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Wow, that would be a blow to overcome... Glad you're in good spirits and back to having some fun... Sorry to hear that for you guys, but hope all is going well for a recovery... Like mentioned if you need some help or something let us know we can probably pull off some assistance from our group to help you out... Good luck chasing the geese... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(12-09-2021, 01:53 PM)dubob Wrote: Welcome back Pete.  I hope your hunt with Aaron works out for you.  Did you salvage any of your ice fishing gear from the house fire?

Lost 95 % of our hunting and fishing gear, except our guns which were in a Browning safe. I have replaced most of our fishing gear and and our outdoor clothing. My insurance company has been very helpful with our claims, just make sure you have enough insurance coverage especially on your contents.
I wondered where you had been. So glad you and yours are okay, at least physically. Like others I have a pile of stuff that doesn't get used much if you need something replaced.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Glad to see that password change got you back on the site. Hopefully they will get your house rebuilt faster than they said, when we talked.
Holy cow Pete that's a lot to go thru. Very happy to hear your family is doing good. Like everyone else has said I have plenty of ice gear if your in need of anything. Did your sled make it thru the fire? That thing still had the new smell on it
That’s terrible news, so sorry to hear.
Wow Pete, So sorry to hear about this tragedy. I hope and pray you can get things back and going soon. Any idea what happened?
Damn Pete, that's tuff stuff!  I hope you get it all worked out!
Life is not about how to avoid the storm but rather how to dance in the rain!
Thanks everyone for the offers to help replace our gear but so far our Insurance company has been doing a pretty good Job, we are insured with Libert Mutual.

(12-10-2021, 07:51 PM)RILEYFISH Wrote: Wow Pete, So sorry to hear about this tragedy. I hope and pray you can get things back and going soon. Any idea what happened?

It started in our garage from an extension cord that was plugged into a refigerator/freezer it has been that way for 20+ years.
Wow!  Sorry to hear about your loss.  Glad it wasn't any worse than it was.  Bad enough, but at least you both made it out okay.  And although I am sure there were personal items lost in the fire than can never be replaced, most of the other things can be replaced.  If nothing else, the insurance settlements can help you upgrade to newer and better.  Hopefully.  Best wishes for working through it all and coming out whole on the other end.  On another note, I hope Lady B is doing well health-wise.
(12-11-2021, 08:26 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Wow!  Sorry to hear about your loss.  Glad it wasn't any worse than it was.  Bad enough, but at least you both made it out okay.  And although I am sure there were personal items lost in the fire than can never be replaced, most of the other things can be replaced.  If nothing else, the insurance settlements can help you upgrade to newer and better.  Hopefully.  Best wishes for working through it all and coming out whole on the other end.  On another note, I hope Lady B is doing well health-wise.

Thanks TD, the Mrs. is having a harder and harder time. I know she misses her hunting and fishing but so happy to be surrounded by her family.