Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found tackle bag at Saratoga Springs
I found a small tackle bag by a dock in Saratoga Springs. If you lost it, please call and identify and I'll see you get it back..Thanks
Any ice in the harbor (I'm assuming the public southern harbor.)?
(12-09-2021, 06:05 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: Any ice in the harbor (I'm assuming the public southern harbor.)?

Not one cube of ice!
Kent, pardon me for telling you things that you probably already know, but others are reading this, too. The UL harbors don't form enough ice to fish through until sometime in January. It takes a long time for a body of water of that size to lose enough heat to freeze. I love to fish off the docks and near the springs but I usually don't find thick enough ice to feel safe on.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(12-10-2021, 11:28 PM)catchinon Wrote: Kent, pardon me for telling you things that you probably already know, but others are reading this, too. The UL harbors don't form enough ice to fish through until sometime in January. It takes a long time for a body of water of that size to lose enough heat to freeze. I love to fish off the docks and near the springs but I usually don't find thick enough ice to feel safe on.

It depends on the year.  The harbors freeze long before the open lake freezes.  I have fished, on the ice, in the Saratoga Springs Harbor on January 1st, for sure, and likely earlier.