Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleveland ice?
Was hearing iffy things about Scofield and Huntington since the weather was warm for a few days. I have been hearing that Cleveland is safe though. Does anyone know how thick the ice is there?
(12-10-2021, 08:30 PM)Countryb0y22 Wrote: Was hearing iffy things about Scofield and Huntington since the weather was warm for a few days. I have been hearing that Cleveland is safe though. Does anyone know how thick the ice is there?

I've never known Cleveland to have safe ice and Huntington not be safe, but anything is possible. You could always fish Boulgers.
(12-10-2021, 08:30 PM)Countryb0y22 Wrote: Was hearing iffy things about Scofield and Huntington since the weather was warm for a few days. I have been hearing that Cleveland is safe though. Does anyone know how thick the ice is there?

The DWR website shows a couple of reports of guys ice fishing on December 4th and 5th on Huntington Reservoir (Mammoth).  Huntington is only about 200' higher than Cleveland and as low as the water level is in Cleveland, I would think it's fishable too. 
Electric still open at the pipe?
I went to Huntington (mammoth) yesterday. There was 6" of ice. Fishing was super slow. But it was still fun to get out.