Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Filled two tags this fall
I drew a swan tag and an antelope tag for Utah this past season. I had never drawn a swan tag and i really wanted to shoot a juvenile as I think they make a prettier mount than an adult. I'm going to try and post a couple pictures. Swan was taken near Corrine with a good friend of mine and my Taxidermist Dan Johnson of Wilderness Taxidermy. The Antelope was taken at 200 yards with my CVA Accura on Myton Bench. 
[Image: Gales-Swan-2021.jpg]

[Image: Gales-antelope-2021.jpg]
[Image: Gales-Antelope-Sept-2021.jpg]
Nice, looks like some great hunts.
Congrats on a couple good hunts.  The only tag I had this year was a cow elk.  Forgot to take pictures.
A juvie makes a great mount.

[Image: juvie-swan.jpg]
Bryce Lowder
I do what the voices in my wife's head tell me to.
(12-12-2021, 04:19 PM)BRL1 Wrote: Congrats on a couple good hunts.  The only tag I had this year was a cow elk.  Forgot to take pictures.

Great looking mount, I plan on having mine standing, thanks for sharing.
Those are two of my favorite hunts. I've spent a bunch of time in Myton trying to keep the rabbit population in control. Prairie dogs too.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
(12-12-2021, 04:19 PM)BRL1 Wrote: Congrats on a couple good hunts.  The only tag I had this year was a cow elk.  Forgot to take pictures.

That is a good looking swan mount. Do you know who did it? Thanks
Congrats Pete. I asked on the other post but I seen this while reading through posts. In light of the year you have had, congrats to you!
(12-15-2021, 11:59 AM)sliverslinger Wrote:

That is a good looking swan mount. Do you know who did it? Thanks

Sorry for the late reply.  It was done by Darin Gardner Taxidermy by Darin Gardner (birdfishtaxidermist.com)
Bryce Lowder
I do what the voices in my wife's head tell me to.