Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JIG FISHING WRITEUP
I just posted a video on making your own jigs.  I have had a couple of requests to repost the tutorial I put together on JIG FISHING.  Here are the links to the attachments I posted in the past:
1. INTRO & HISTORY.pdf
2. WATERS AND VENUES.pdf
3. TACKLE & TECHNIQUES.pdf
4. SPECIES Part 1.pdf
5. HOOKS & HEADS...TYPES & STYLES.pdf
7. PLASTICS & BAITS.pdf
8. DRESSED JIGS.pdf
CUSTOM COLORING AND PAINTING.pdf

For some reason, #6 was missing from my original attachments.  So here it is in a new attachment.

Attached Files
.pdf   6. COLORS...PAINTS, GLITTERS & EYES.pdf (Size: 2.02 MB / Downloads: 11)
Great info Pat , you are the best for sharing so much info with us all, thanks so much.
Nice, wish I'd have had some help like that years ago when I started using jigs, lots of trial and error, but think I may have it figured out, my favorite way to fish anymore.
(12-11-2021, 09:23 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Nice, wish I'd have had some help like that years ago when I started using jigs, lots of trial and error, but think I may have it figured out, my favorite way to fish anymore.

You and I went to different schools together...or whatever.  I did a lot of experimenting and trial and error.  I also wish I had some qualified instruction.  Would have progressed a lot faster.  But on the other hand, lessons hard learned are lessons well learned. 

I still carry spinners and cranks, but usually use some form of jig for most of my fishing.   Although these days I am using a lot more "fligs"...floating jigs.

PS...I'm from Idaho.
Lol, I understand, lots of hard learned lessons here, I carry spinners, cranks, bubbles, flies, bobbers, hooks, can Snell one if needed, but my go to is a jig. I use floating jigs that I buy from Northland from time to time, one thing I haven't tried making, I think we went to the same school at different times.
(12-11-2021, 11:12 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Lol, I understand, lots of hard learned lessons here, I carry spinners, cranks, bubbles, flies, bobbers, hooks, can Snell one if needed, but my go to is a jig. I use floating jigs that I buy from Northland from time to time, one thing I haven't tried making, I think we went to the same school at different times.
If you already use floating jig heads...and already make a lot of your own stuff...you really should look into making your own fligs.  FLIG MAKING VIDEO

Attached Files
.pdf   MAKING FLIGS.pdf (Size: 3.35 MB / Downloads: 6)
I'll have to look into it, probably something I should be making.