Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Horseshoe springs 12-12-21
Ventured over to horseshoe springs, nice weather and I knew it'd have minimal walking for me, ive never fished there but I have swam there in the peak of summer with my dogs, anyways I was greeted by a duck hunter pulling in the lot the same time as me, I tied on a 2.5" cutr bug in baby bass color, as soon as I walked up I could see a couple small bass and 30 or so carp probably I the 10lb range. Ended up with 3 largemouth 8-12 inches or so. Didn't measure them, fish all over the spring then decided to go look for bucks and came home.  Pretty cool little place, didn't see any bass bigger then the ones I caught swimming around, unsure if ill go back may venture out to blue lake next time. 
[Image: 20211212-134014.jpg]

[Image: 20211212-141143.jpg]
Nice, looks like your feeling better.
(12-12-2021, 11:47 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Nice, looks like your feeling better.

15days of laying here that sunshine finally got the best of me! Was gonna go to grantsville but decided to try something new. Blue lake seems appealing to me but maybe better in the spring then middle of winter.
(12-13-2021, 12:05 AM)Fritzfishin Wrote:

15days of laying here that sunshine finally got the best of me! Was gonna go to grantsville but decided to try something new. Blue lake seems appealing to me but maybe better in the spring then middle of winter.
Blue lake is a hoot. Tilapia don't seem to care much that it is mid winter.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(12-13-2021, 12:49 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote:
(12-13-2021, 12:05 AM)Fritzfishin Wrote:

Blue lake is a hoot. Tilapia don't seem to care much that it is mid winter.

Id definitely target the largemouth out there but seems like your trip the tilapia and maybe some large cichlids may be taking over the lake?
Glad you got doing better... Sounds like a fun little trip... Congrats... J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!