Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glow Cup
After researching many of these online, I decided to purchase a GloCup from Ice Jaeger Custom.  I went with the toxic green color (and found out it is 3-D printed).  I ordered on 12/3/2021 and it arrived today.  Can't wait to get it mounted on my Huminbird Ice 55 and get it out for a test drive.  I usually only worry about charging jigs, etc. later in the season and at Flaming Gorge for burbot, but this will be something else to mess with.  Plus I'm always either losing my UV flashlight or having to change batteries or fumbling with it, etc.  Oh, for those wondering, it was $20 for the cup and $5 shipping.

Anybody else have a glow cup or ring?  How do you like it?  What applications work best for you?

[Image: IMG-5893.jpg]

jack of all tackle, master of none
I see a lot of guys back east use them and seem to like them, for that price not a bad investment if it gives you a bit of a edge.
How do you mount it on the flasher?
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Brett you'll really like that, I built one out of PVC pipe and some UV LED's and it works really well, but mine isn't nice and small and attached to my finder, so I only use it in my big tent, but it makes a ton of difference to not only charge your glows, but also hit your UV lures, it seems to kick them up even on sunny days... I have really noticed a difference in hit rates... Good luck and let us know how this one works for you... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
I believe they're mounted on the rod holder mount.
It mounts on either side of the transducer cup in the front of the shuttle (there is a pre-drilled drain hole on either side of the cup).  The leads have stacked spade terminals to allow it to be hooked to the flasher battery.  I worry about it because it sticks out when the case is zipped - I'll have to be careful.  See pictures.  It does glow and charge jigs here at home.  Need to get it out on the ice!

[Image: IMG-5895.jpg]

[Image: IMG-5896.jpg]

[Image: IMG-5897.jpg]

That's cool, I've never thought about getting one, even when I fished for burbot always just used a head light.
A little development on this idea, Joe (Prospector) put a switch on his cup so he can push the switch with his rod tip as he goes to charge his jig which turns on the lights and as he releases the switch when he takes the jig out, it shuts off the lights... great power saver without having to get up and reach to the cup each time you need the glow turned on and off... I need one of those... I do have a power switch on my rocker panel in my tent, but again the system is big and clunky compared to these nice small ones that do the same thing... Later Jeff
(12-14-2021, 07:34 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: A little development on this idea, Joe (Prospector) put a switch on his cup so he can push the switch with his rod tip as he goes to charge his jig which turns on the lights and as he releases the switch when he takes the jig out, it shuts off the lights... great power saver without having to get up and reach to the cup each time you need the glow turned on and off... I need one of those... I do have a power switch on my rocker panel in my tent, but again the system is big and clunky compared to these nice small ones that do the same thing...  Later Jeff

Oops, my photos don't show the switch, but here is something from their website.  Good thought about using the rod tip for on/off.

[Image: image.png]

You'll need a stiff rod to push that switch, (the panfish special probably won't cut it..) but nice to have a way to shut them on and off... Wonder if they make an affordable proximity switch that you could put in the mouth of the cup????? Hey it looks like winter outside this morning, maybe we'll get to use our ice gear this winter??? Sure hope so.... Later Jeff