Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panguitch Ice!
I was wondering if anyone had any info on Panguitch! I know everyone is dying to get out there. I just want to make sure before I drag the wife and kid 4 hours. Thanks in advance!!!
My friend from st George is going to ask around and find out.
He goes to panguitch alot. As soon as I find out I'll post.
(12-14-2021, 03:03 AM)Zanomack Wrote: My friend from st George is going to ask around and find out.
He goes to panguitch alot. As soon as I find out I'll post.

Zanomack, thank you so much! I really appreciate it!!!
My sil has a friend from panguitch who drives by every morning on his way to work in Brian Head. He said there was still open water this morning.
(12-14-2021, 04:05 AM)Saltslam Wrote: My sil has a friend from panguitch who drives by every morning on his way to work in Brian Head. He said there was still open water this morning.

Saltslam, thank you! I really appreciate it!
30mph winds today -- any ice that might have been would be blown off by now.
(12-14-2021, 03:38 PM)PBH Wrote: 30mph winds today -- any ice that might have been would be blown off by now.

Dang it! Thank you
(12-14-2021, 04:05 AM)Saltslam Wrote: My sil has a friend from panguitch who drives by every morning on his way to work in Brian Head. He said there was still open water this morning.

Saltslam, thank you! I really appreciate it!
Any update on the ice. Me and some buddies are thinking of going down in January. Thanks
I'm keeping my eye on all the lakes that are coming ready to go soon on the "Safe ice digest" thread above. Haven't heard anything new lately but will add it to the list as soon as I hear. Please give me a head's-up if you learn anything.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I got a reply a month and a half ago about the Panguitch Ice Fishing Derby and how they plan on having it still. Has anyone heard anything else? Doesn't seem like they are having it this year?
I hit Panguitch Lake this morning, fished the north boat ramp the ice was 4” and the lake was pretty noisy (lots of cracking) till around noon. I ended up catching 1 tiger and 1 rainbow. I could see a handful of people were spread out across the lake.

[Image: EDC29-E5-E-295-D-47-D7-A917-CDCB9-C5-C4397.jpg]
(12-21-2021, 11:56 PM)Bull-frog Wrote: I hit Panguitch Lake this morning, fished the north boat ramp the ice was 4” and the lake was pretty noisy (lots of cracking) till around noon.  I ended up catching 1 tiger and 1 rainbow. I could see a handful of people were spread out across the lake. 

[Image: EDC29-E5-E-295-D-47-D7-A917-CDCB9-C5-C4397.jpg]
Thank you for the update.