Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun Goose Hunt in WY.
Had a great time this past few days hunting geese in Eastern WY. with my oldest son and a buddy who have been making this an annual trip for the past 5 years. We hunt with Aaron Garcia of High Plains Wingshooters out of Torrington. The first day we finished by 11, the 2nd day we were done by 7:50, 3rd day was a little tougher as we only scratched out 3 and being a short day we had to pull up at 1 P.M. Nice heated pits and great dogs. Will be booking again next year. 
[Image: Goose-Hunt-WY-14-Dec-2021.jpg]

[Image: Goose-hunt-in-Wy-15-Dec-2021.jpg]
Looks like fun.
Nice, looks like a great hunt. Something I'd like to try.
(12-19-2021, 01:24 AM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Nice, looks like a great hunt. Something I'd like to try.

Aaron is the owner, he and his wife Jennifer run the business they have some excellent fields to hunt along the North Platte River with heated pits, great guides with trained labs or you can bring your own. I think this was my 6th year, several years I have made two trips over. Great place to take your youngsters, wife or girlfriend, I have taken my grandsons twice.
Nice, I might have to look into it for me and my boy. Had a lot of fun chasing pheasant this year, but that looks like way more fun.
(12-19-2021, 01:52 AM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Nice, I might have to look into it for me and my boy. Had a lot of fun chasing pheasant this year, but that looks like way more fun.

I think Aaron has told me that about 80% of his clients are from Utah. He also does turkey hunts.
That was some great hunts Pete, what do you do with your geese? Do you eat them as is or make sausage and salami out of them?
(12-20-2021, 12:00 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: That was some great hunts Pete, what do you do with your geese? Do you eat them as is or make sausage and salami out of them?

Roast a few in the oven for the holidays and jerky the rest.
What are the costs. And contact info
Are you allowed 4 birds?.
(12-31-2021, 08:01 PM)doitall5000 Wrote: What are the costs. And contact info
Are you allowed 4 birds?. Yes daily limit there is 4 birds and 3 day possession. I think you can buy a 3 day license plus you will need the state conservation permit. I usually buy a season permit for WY. You can check everything out on his web site at High Plains Wingshooters in Torrington. 
Looks like a good time.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.