Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo and Rockport drive by
Both lakes appear to be capped. I did not venture down to check the ice. I would guess first part of January should be good to go. Although, most wont be able to access Echo. Be safe if and when you head out.
Gabe
(12-23-2021, 01:40 AM)Freakyfisherman Wrote: Although, most wont be able to access Echo.
Gabe

And that's a good thing for us SnowDog owners - right?   Wink
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(12-23-2021, 02:29 PM)dubob Wrote:
(12-23-2021, 01:40 AM)Freakyfisherman Wrote: Although, most wont be able to access Echo.
Gabe

And that's a good thing for us SnowDog owners - right?   Wink

I do have a sled. No dog though, nor snow dog. Lmao
Gabe
Does anyone have a rough correlation between ice thickness at Rockport and S&M? I want to get up Weber Canyon before the snow gets too deep and inaccessible by 4X4. There's about 1,600 ft elevation difference between the two so I'm thinking the ice may be accessible about now but thought I'd ask here before I make the trek up. Appreciate any input from you fine folks.
"Echo State Park's north entrance is now open due to no active construction during the holidays. Construction is expected to resume January 10th, 2022 and the north entrance will close again (weather depending).
No public access in the construction area as noted on the map. Ramp is closed: no parking, driving on, or driving over the ramp. Driving and parking on the beach is allowed, driving on the beach is at your own risk. All no access areas are marked with cones and caution tape.
After January 10th, 2022 we will allow day use at the campground. Visitors can off load snowmobiles, four wheelers, and snow dogs to travel on the beach and access the ice.
Ice is just over 4 inches thick, clear with some standing water on top. Snow is expected tonight so anglers should expect snow and slush on top of the ice.
Ice should never be considered safe, use caution when going out on the ice for more information click here https://stateparks.utah.gov/activities/b...ce-safety/"