Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua 12-22
Fished mantua yesterday from 12-4. Hooked up plenty bows and 1 decent perch. Only made it out to 5fow as the ice was a little inconsistent. Fished on 4in of ice but found a few spots the spud bar went right thru. Lots of folks ice skating on the north side of the lake which was straight ice, no snow on it at all. The ice should be good to go after a couple more cold nights. Be safe if your heading out here and check the ice as your moving around.

[Image: 20211222-134912.jpg]

[Image: 20211222-162543.jpg]
Way to go Matt, glad you got out. We didn’t do very well, guess we should have joined you over there. Have a Merry Christmas. Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Someone just posted on a FB ice fishing page that the ice is toast there this am
I drove by yesterday and saw 4 guys spread out on it... I'll go on some questionable ice but I wouldn't of gone on that ice!!
(12-24-2021, 04:15 PM)2knots Wrote: Someone just posted on a FB ice fishing page that the ice is toast there this am

Not surprised on that.  It was questionable in more than one area on our way out Wednesday. The temps since then have not been good at all. Thanks for the update