Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice at Strawberry? Anywhere?
Someone projected that Strawberry Bay would have enough ice to fish on by Christmas. Does anyone know where fishable ice can be found at Strawberry? I know Mud Creek area had enough ice to get out a short distance last week but I'd like to hear an update before I drive all that way to try it out.

As always, I'd like to hear about anyplace that is "safe" to fish now. I'm keeping track in my "Safe ice digest" thread at the top. I hope that having many places available to fish will help to thin out the crowds at any one spot. But if you feel a place is too small or sensitive to share, I certainly understand why you would keep that information to yourself.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(12-26-2021, 02:29 PM)catchinon Wrote: Someone projected that Strawberry Bay would have enough ice to fish on by Christmas. Does anyone know where fishable ice can be found at Strawberry? I know Mud Creek area had enough ice to get out a short distance last week but I'd like to hear an update before I drive all that way to try it out.

As always, I'd like to hear about anyplace that is "safe" to fish now. I'm keeping track in my "Safe ice digest" thread at the top. I hope that having many places available to fish will help to thin out the crowds at any one spot. But if you feel a place is too small or sensitive to share, I certainly understand why you would keep that information to yourself.
I fished Mud Creek last Wednesday and will be again this week, quite a few groups on the ice last week, I was about 3-4 inches in places.