Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grantsville ice check
Went over to check for ice or open water to fish and as I pulled up to the lake I was pleased to see it completely frozen!! Looked like soft edges so I put my muck boots on and grabbed my ax to see how thick it was.... I don't have a spud bar... anyways first couple steps I broke through a bout 1" of solid ice as I expected..... well the next couple i broke through as I tried to get away from the shore same thickness... needless to say couldn't get on yet.... drove over to the south side thinking its be blocked from the wind a little more... same thing.  Needless to say don't try it.... yet... even the creek inlets were frozen so much its not worth fishing..
[Image: 20211228-165553.jpg]

[Image: 20211228-165547.jpg]
(12-29-2021, 03:49 PM)Fritzfishin Wrote: Went over to check for ice or open water to fish and as I pulled up to the lake I was pleased to see it completely frozen!! Looked like soft edges so I put my muck boots on and grabbed my ax to see how thick it was.... I don't have a spud bar... anyways first couple steps I broke through a bout 1" of solid ice as I expected..... well the next couple i broke through as I tried to get away from the shore same thickness... needless to say couldn't get on yet.... drove over to the south side thinking its be blocked from the wind a little more... same thing.  Needless to say don't try it.... yet... even the creek inlets were frozen so much its not worth fishing..
Looks like it won't be long now, thanks for the update.
Settlement is 3-3.5 " And good. I fished it today 6 bows in bout a hr. 1.5" white cutr bug nothing else had a nibble.