Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Strawberry
Ventured to Strawberry with only really reports of Mud Creek being frozen we went over to the marina just to see. There were a few braver than me fishing east of the lodge where there is still visible open water few hundred yards out. We went in to badger bay and did decent. We were fishing by 4:30pm and by 4:32 we iced our first fish. We caught steady fish for the first two hours and then it was slower until 8:30 when we left.  Iced about 30 fish between us, wasn’t spectacular by any means. Caught most on smaller stuff never got anything on anything bigger than a Gizzilla. Most were caught on a shrimpo, gizzila, or ratso. Tipped with either meal worm or minnow. Ice was 5” where we fished.
(12-30-2021, 03:44 AM)Cambium Wrote: Ventured to Strawberry with only really reports of Mud Creek being frozen we went over to the marina just to see. There were a few braver than me fishing east of the lodge where there is still visible open water few hundred yards out. We went in to badger bay and did decent. We were fishing by 4:30pm and by 4:32 we iced our first fish. We caught steady fish for the first two hours and then it was slower until 8:30 when we left.  Iced about 30 fish between us, wasn’t spectacular by any means. Caught most on smaller stuff never got anything on anything bigger than a Gizzilla. Most were caught on a shrimpo, gizzila, or ratso. Tipped with either meal worm or minnow. Ice was 5” where we fished.

Thanks for giving a report.  How was the snow and any slush? I'm hoping to take my 4 wheeler out but slush can stop that.  Any machines on the ice?
I wouldn’t take a 4 wheeler out on it personally. It was slushy enough that it could get nasty with a 4wheeler. There was about 6 inches of snow with a couple inches of slush. But who knows it could freeze up and blow off by the time you go.
(12-30-2021, 04:07 AM)Cambium Wrote: I wouldn’t take a 4 wheeler out on it personally. It was slushy enough that it could get nasty with a 4wheeler. There was about 6 inches of snow with a couple inches of slush. But who knows it could freeze up and blow off by the time you go.

Thanks,  slush is a killer